Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collages1 (800x639).jpg

just had the full wiring harness replaced. look at the pic, is it normal to expose the connectors wires( dark tan and black ) as shown. seems there would be a cover to keep dirt out. there are dserval others that are exposed in the same manner. also note a few cables are not fastened in a clamp and hang there. our input would be of great help before I go off on the dealer if no properly installed. it was not cheap. have both old harnesses, anyone need parts.

thank you

·
Registered
832 Posts
Alot of times the wires are installed with a boot that will maintain some level of weather protection, even though the back of the connector is exposed. Either way it should be fine.

·
Registered
16,293 Posts
Wiring in pics looks the same as my 07 with original harness. Not to worry.

Incidentally, why did the harness have to be replaced?

·
Registered
16,967 Posts
you could perhaps pack the back of the connectors with dielectric grease if you expect to operate in some extreme environment.

how do the other harnesses compare to the new one?(you have 2 old ones? why?) Seems to look a lot like mine - in general. I suppose, if portions were not secured into the looms/clips in some spots, that may be worth a complaint.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My new 2013 has wiring like that. Most cars do.
The most important thing is that there are wire seals (looks like there are: brown ones in the cavities) and any open holes are plugged (dielectric grease at the very least will help regardless).

I've never been happy with the lack of care on details like that. I need to work on mine (after the Krown rustproofing stops dripping...)

I too am curious as to why they needed to replace the harness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
robertross
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing