Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001, European Outback, H6
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a fully equiped vehicle? What does fully equiped mean for the 2000-2004 Outback? (I am not only talking about USDM vehicles here)

-Leather
-ATM
-GT-headlights
-HID (JDM)
-Air Suspension (JDM+EDM)
-windshield wiper heaters
-digital air condition
-McIntosh Sound System (USDM+JDM)
-Double DIN touchscreen (JDM)
-Wooden/leather steering wheel

·
Registered
1999 OBW/2004 OBW
56 Posts
Are you talking about Limited vs base vs LL Bean or ?

Theres a Rocky Mountain Edition too, not sure what that consists of either.

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,289 Posts
The VDC was the fully equipped in all markets because it had everything available. European markets got the goodies generally a year before the US market, and even when we got it, it would be trimmed down

LLBean was the next step down in the US sales market because it lacked full time AWD and the dynamics control traction programming.

Everything else followed with different trims/options.

I would venture to guess based on the different markets that the US got trimmed down versions lacking options that were/are available in other parts of the world because of EPA regulations and assumptions on the part of Subaru.

It's like that with all manufacturers. We get leftovers and lack in power output.

·
Registered
2005 Legacy 2.5i Wagon 4EAT; 2005 Forester XS 4EAT
672 Posts
I have a VDC wagon, and mine doesn't have any "options" listed on the sticker. I would say mine's pretty well equipped.

·
Registered
2001, European Outback, H6
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are the differences between the VDC, LLBean?
I don't think there is a difference in H6 Models in Europe. All H6 models were well equipped and only some options were available like the air suspension for example.

·
Registered
2005 Legacy 2.5i Wagon 4EAT; 2005 Forester XS 4EAT
672 Posts
VDC has full-time AWD (45/55 front/rear split) with stability and traction control, unlike every other Outback with active AWD and no stability or traction control.

That's the main difference, other than the McIntosh audio system, compared to the L.L. Bean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts