Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback Limited - 2.5 L Boxer H4 - 5 Speed Manual
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Looking over the site, I didn't seem to see any comprehensive thread that features mods done to the 2nd Gen models. I used to own a Jeep Cherokee, and on Jeep Forums there were huge, huge, HUGE threads with really awesome mods that were simple to do, and fun - ranging from interior mods to simple exterior ideas that made your car look a bit different.

So I thought maybe this could be a place to start that comprehensive list. Pictures are a must, and instructions on how to do the mod you did would be great!

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
18,114 Posts
so many people seem to not like stock height that i always see threads about either lifting their outback, OR, putting legacy shocks and struts on.

there are also other suspension changes folks make with Baja parts.

Lots of rear stabilizer bar upgrades on newer cars too.

occasinal rear LSD swaps/mods.

plenty of light upgrades too, some on-road, many for off-road. Folks also have skid plates from Primitive racing installed.

There's Cardoc's supercharging project. many people doing engine swaps, building 'Frankenmotors' etc.

I think a lot of outback owners are 'function over form' type folks.

it just isn't all in one thread. Nor is it all easy or 'flash-trash'-type stuff. But it's out there.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Many other Subaru parts are interchangeable with the Outback.

• H6 front springs are a direct swap into an H4 and provide a slight lift.
  • I have a 2005 Forester 6CD radio - sounds awesome
  • '05 Forester leather automatic shift knob, screws right on.
  • Tweeters from an 00-04 junkyard car pop right into an Outback that was not originally shipped with them. Pre-wired!
  • Subtle-Solutions 1" Lift Kit
  • A cheap HID kit in the fog lights can be a decent alternative to a light bar if you're not going hardcore. (ONLY off-road, never to be used on the street)
  • Auto-dimming mirror + built-in compass would be a good junkyard find.
I might think of more later!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts