Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to locate the pinout for one of the connectors on the back of the fuse box under the dash of a 2019 Outback 3.6R Limited.

I need to route constant power to a custom controller PCB that will draw ~1.7A @ 12V max for short periods and the large gauge wires on this connector seem potentially robust enough to handle the slightly greater draw.

This is the specific connector in question:

Both the large gauge White and Red wires show +12V referenced from chassis GND when the vehicle is completely off. I believe they are routed directly from the battery terminal? It would be good to be able to confirm this but I am unable to locate detailed schematics for this harness.

Per the Service Manual, it appears to be part of the Bulkhead Wiring Harness, specifically B159 I believe:

Here is the drawing of the connector from the Service Manual:

Alternatively, if there is a potentially better option for pulling a couple of Amps from some other reasonably accessible, existing connection, with constant 12V under the driver's side dash that has already been routed through the firewall I would love any suggestions anyone may have.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like power to the starter relay circuit and power supply circuit to some other relays.
Thanks walker, any idea what the difference between the Red and White connections might be?
Think it might be reasonable to pull a bit of extra power off of either of these or should I look for something else perhaps?

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
white in the middle there is the ignition switch (I think that's all it does).

Starter relay would be one of the white/black wires (next to the red wire).

The red wire powers some fuses in the fusebox for these fuses (inside the passenger compartment):

22 15 A SEAT HTR R
27 15 A WIPER DEICER
28 20 A TRAIL R.FOG
32 15 A SEAT HTR F
37 7.5 A STOP

My suggestion would be try one of the empty fuses in the passenger compartment.

so, fusebox inside the passenger compartment that should be empty:
fuse position 13 is switched
fuse position 25 comes in from a power feed from the main fuse box under the hood (that feed is shared with the rear defrost and a "sub fan 1" but only on 2.5l models... maybe something with the active grille, dunno).
Fuse positions 30 and 36 are empty, but don't show a feed coming in (probably not powered).

OR, use one of those fuse tap adapter things and leech off of some other accessory with a fuse that is already there (there are threads with the dash cams where this is done). Look at the owner's manual, pick a fuse that looks big enough, and put one of those adapters in...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
white in the middle there is the ignition switch (I think that's all it does).

Starter relay would be one of the white/black wires (next to the red wire).

The red wire powers some fuses in the fusebox for these fuses (inside the passenger compartment):

22 15 A SEAT HTR R
27 15 A WIPER DEICER
28 20 A TRAIL R.FOG
32 15 A SEAT HTR F
37 7.5 A STOP

My suggestion would be try one of the empty fuses in the passenger compartment.

so, fusebox inside the passenger compartment that should be empty:
fuse position 13 is switched
fuse position 25 comes in from a power feed from the main fuse box under the hood (that feed is shared with the rear defrost and a "sub fan 1" but only on 2.5l models... maybe something with the active grille, dunno).
Fuse positions 30 and 36 are empty, but don't show a feed coming in (probably not powered).

OR, use one of those fuse tap adapter things and leech off of some other accessory with a fuse that is already there (there are threads with the dash cams where this is done). Look at the owner's manual, pick a fuse that looks big enough, and put one of those adapters in...
Thank you walker, this is very helpful info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts