Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, does anyone have a link for the fuse diagram that's under the dash for a 2018 OB 2.5 limited? It is on the access door, but unfortunately the door does not open far enough to read it.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
315 Posts
Owner's Manual Pages 12-10 and 12-11. If you have created an account on mysubaru.com, you can download .pdfs of all the manuals, which I find much easier than using the paper manuals.

Attached are images of the relevant pages.

Attachments

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,395 Posts
Hey folks, does anyone have a link for the fuse diagram that's under the dash for a 2018 OB 2.5 limited? It is on the access door, but unfortunately the door does not open far enough to read it.
The door is easy to remove; just open it and pull straight back. When you're done, line up the clips that act as the hinge and push it back on.

·
Registered
'16 Outback 2.5i Premium WAM, Factory Hitch, Infinity speakers, Alpine Sub, Cargo Tray/Seat Protectors, Husky Liners, Rally Armor Mudflaps, LED Int Ltg, Subaru LOGO LED Projection Puddle Lights, OUTB
407 Posts

Could be a good idea to keep a PDF copy on a smartphone.
I have an iPhone and in iBooks, mySubaru manuals are all in there. It is nice being able to search within the PDFs.
I think someone on these forums created a single PDF from all the PDFs so you can search all the manual sections in a single place. So very nice!

·
Registered
2018 OB 2.5
20 Posts
The door is easy to remove; just open it and pull straight back. When you're done, line up the clips that act as the hinge and push it back on.
Just popped mine out to give me some more room to remove a fuse, easy looks to be made to snap in and out.

While on the subject, my 18 OB cigarette/Acc outlet in the center console quit. I found two fuses a 10 amp and 20 amp for outlet and ACC. both are good all other outlets and USB have power anything else to check?

I was using it to power a 2.1 amp usb to charge a tablet.

·
Registered
'16 Outback 2.5i Premium WAM, Factory Hitch, Infinity speakers, Alpine Sub, Cargo Tray/Seat Protectors, Husky Liners, Rally Armor Mudflaps, LED Int Ltg, Subaru LOGO LED Projection Puddle Lights, OUTB
407 Posts
Just popped mine out to give me some more room to remove a fuse, easy looks to be made to snap in and out.

While on the subject, my 18 OB cigarette/Acc outlet in the center console quit. I found two fuses a 10 amp and 20 amp for outlet and ACC. both are good all other outlets and USB have power anything else to check?

2018 you say?
Dealer, warranty ... :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I am hoping to hardwire a radar detector and a dashcam this weekend but the more "warranty and dealer trips" w/18 OB I'm reading... I am skeptical if I should follow through with my plans. It's not terribly hard to install or remove just a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,395 Posts
I am hoping to hardwire a radar detector and a dashcam this weekend but the more "warranty and dealer trips" w/18 OB I'm reading... I am skeptical if I should follow through with my plans. It's not terribly hard to install or remove just a pain in the ass.
Use an "add-a-circuit" adapter. The adapter replaces a fuse, and has a spot for two fuses and a pigtail wire. You move the original fuse to one of the slots to restore the original circuit, and insert a new fuse in the other to power the pigtail. Works great, and no permanent mod to the car so it's easily reversed.

They're available from several sources. Here's one I found by Googling:

https://www.amazon.com/Uriveusa-Add-Circuit-Adapter-Holder/dp/B01LFXA5XM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1531449863&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=low+profile+add+a+fuse&psc=1

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Use an "add-a-circuit" adapter. The adapter replaces a fuse, and has a spot for two fuses and a pigtail wire. You move the original fuse to one of the slots to restore the original circuit, and insert a new fuse in the other to power the pigtail. Works great, and no permanent mod to the car so it's easily reversed.

They're available from several sources. Here's one I found by Googling:

https://www.amazon.com/Uriveusa-Add-Circuit-Adapter-Holder/dp/B01LFXA5XM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1531449863&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=low+profile+add+a+fuse&psc=1
Yes, I have done this in several other vehicles using add a circuit. The problem is that no other maker/dealer ever said any after market parts will void the warranty like Subaru did. If something goes wrong or breaks and I need to go to the dealership I would ha to remove the devices. Not a big deal just a Pain in the rear...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts