Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'02 OBW 2.5H AWD 5speed
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the sb5 fuse is for on a 02 outback? Thanks.
A little info. I was driving in a 30mph zone kind of hilly and speed dropped a bit so pushed the gas pedal and nothing. Looked at the dash and noticed the tach was at zero. Pulled over and the car turned over but wouldnt start. Happened to look at the fuses and noticed this fuse blown switched it with the 30 next to it, that i later found out was for my power windiws as it was starting to rain, anyway the car started right up. Bought a new fuse and seems to be running ok now.

·
Registered
17,712 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the sb5 fuse is for on a 02 outback?
SB-5 (Slow-Blow fuse #5), 30 Amps, directly supplies the ECM, the data link connector (OBD connector), and the Main Relay (which then supplies a range of electrical functions). The Main Relay supplies power to the Front A/F sensor and Fear O2 sensor, the canister Drain valve, fuel tank Pressure Control solenoid, fuel tank Sensor Control Valve, and, the four fuel injectors.

SB-5 also supplies fuse #13, 15 Amps, which is the main power for the fuel pump (via the fuel pump relay). However, as fuse #13 was not blown, the fuel pump would not likely have been the cause of SBF-5 blowing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts