Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just wondering what kind of mileage you get in your OBXts? I've been told if you drive like you stole it, you may be will get 200ish kms in the city.. was considering taking this thing to BC (live in Alberta, 12 hour drive) and wanna know how the highway mileage is?! It says 23 mpg on the hwy but I don't know if I believe that. Also is there anything to do to improve the mileage besides driving like a grandmother ?

Thanks!

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
My folks get 23-26 MPG on the highway.

Keeps RPMs as low as you can.
Remove roof racks if not being used.
Make sure tires are properly inflated, if not a few PSI over the door card.

Reactions: 1 Lucky Texan

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Ltd Obsidian Black 5MT
1,079 Posts
So this is my pile of receipts from every fillup I've done on my XT since I bought it. I've noted the mileage, trip mileage reset at each fill, and the MPG given by the computer on each one.

Only problem is I've not taken the time to put it all in a spreadsheet. What I can tell you is that currently my mileage is terrible, but it's partly because I'm in the middle of tuning.

For highway driving I was seeing low 20's as long as I stayed under 70mph. City driving I might get 16 or 17mpg, but currently I'm getting around 14mpg. Or around 200 miles per tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited Eyesight - Remote Start - Auto Dimming In/Outside Mirrors
245 Posts
FUELLY! (fuelly.com)

Keeps great track of your mileage.

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT limited
386 Posts
Winter 19 city(traffic)/22-24 highway cruising
Summer 22 city(traffic)/25-27 highway cruising

If I am on the throttle and sport shifting the lowest I have hit is 12. I live a 1/4 mile at a time....between gas stations and grocery stores, for those 2.573 minutes I am BATMAN! Sorry had to say it.

Always use the best 93 octane you can get.
Every oil change (5w40) use some techron cleaner.
Get an alignment, hit a pothole get an alignment.
Summer time stop running the OEM's and get an aftermarket tire that is in the 17-19lbs per rim - you are reducing weight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts