Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to take delivery of my 2019 Subaru demo. (green with ivory interior-nice!)
BUT--does anybody find the gas pedal, ie acellerator pedal, awkward or heavy?
It feels to me that the spring inside the position sensor (I'm assuming it's enclosed in the unit) is just too stiff for comfort.
I have to admit I do have a slighly sore foot from driving buses for a living so it's not all subaru.

Is there a way to modify or adjust the tension on that spring to lighten the pressure I need to exert on the pedal.
Thanks for any help people!

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,592 Posts
go back to the dealership and compare to a different car, in case there's a problem with yours

it's DBW so, the spring is all in the pedal assembly I believe, certainly nothing under the hood so, modification could be tricky.

I believe Subaru has a system/service for modifying vehicles for disabled persons - you might investigate that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Texan, good point I should definately check another subie. And I'll follow up on the disability service.

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,592 Posts
there may not be anything available to you, but perhaps worth checking?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks 10 Gal Hat I found that link earlier after your advice. Here in Australia they just offer Subarus, not service. Ive youtubed the accelerator unit. It would come out easily enough but the spring is sealed inside plastic housing. I was hoping I could modify the sping but it's probably asking for trouble and a voided warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts