Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'18 2.5 Outback LTD, Magnetite Grey; '11 Outback 2.5i LTD; '06 Outback LTD, MT; '02 Legacy GT wagon, MT
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am noticing when I let off the gas and push in the clutch, my rpm goes up for a split second.... as if it continues to accelerate ever so slightly... Is there a spring behind the pedal and if so, could it be sticking?

*Lisa

·
Registered
'18 2.5 Outback LTD, Magnetite Grey; '11 Outback 2.5i LTD; '06 Outback LTD, MT; '02 Legacy GT wagon, MT
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's new to me.

It's odd, as when you let off the gas, the tach should immediately come down, but mine goes up, for a split second. UP. So bizarre.

·
Registered
18,173 Posts
It's a drive-by-wire car so no cables/springs involved.

There have been posts here in the past about engine revving when the clutch pedal is pressed down; not sure if it might have been addressed by a reflash of the ECU.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice, thank you! Yea, I don't even feel it revving, really, it's just a split second where the rpms do not come down, bug got up a couple notches in the tach instead. Thanks so much Nipper!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts