Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my turbo. (VF40)
What are ALL the gaskets and o-rings etc I'll need to do this turbo swap?

I have the Turbo to inlet, and the Turbo to exhaust gasket (turbo to down pipe and turbo to up pipe gaskets).

But looking at the turbo, it seems like I should need about 2 more gaskets. One looks like an oil line or something, and one looks like an 'air' port maybe.
Also, what about o-rings for coolant and oil lines?

I thought all I needed was the two gaskets.

Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seriously? I thought I'd have a list from somebody by now :/

I guess I'll have to call Subaru and try and deal with them again. Only parts I've heard people mention in a turbo swap is the two gaskets I have listed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guys,

I took my turbo out yesterday. I had to disconnect the down pipe where it meets the mid pipe at the middle of the car (not right below the turbo) where that donut gasket connects the two pieces of 'exhaust'. In doing so I broke of both those bolts that go through large springs to join the connection, and that gasket is junk now.

I have ordered the replacement bolts/springs/donut gasket.
Here's the thing; the nuts are still fused to the back end of that exhaust pipe and I don't know if they'll come off, hah.
They're soaking in PB now and after I blasted them with a blow torch and struck them a few times too.

If the wont "turn" off (unscrew) - which I tried briefly by putting a 12mm wrench on and smacking with a hammer - should I cut'em off with a grinder? I ain't buying a new exhaust

Thanks for any suggestions.

Peace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts