Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.5XT & 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have one of these? Or have information as to what size the gauges are? https://www.subaruonlineparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_109_116&products_id=931

They look really nice and unassuming:

The price is a bit out of the world though and I'm wondering how hard it is to recreate DIY. I think if I were to make one I'd like to be able to keep the flip down door.

Hmm the gears are turning now I might be disassembling the center console tonight...

·
Registered
'05 OBXT
453 Posts
RalliTek used to have a simple gauge pod for the cubby but I don't see it on their web page at the moment.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have yet to find one. The gauges look to be pretty small. Maybe even smaller than 52mm but I need to go measure to be sure.

Edit: They are definitely smaller than 52mm.
Here is what 52mm gauges look like in the sandwich warmer pocket:

42 Draft & Design have some nice 3 gauge pods but they all look a bit to large:
Link

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
18,107 Posts
i've thought of putting a 2 or 3 gauge A pillar pod in my WRX. kinda like to have boost/vacuum, oil pressure and maybe alt V output.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well to fit 3 they will have to be the 38mm or 1.5" gauges. So that may be a bit straining on the eye (for old dudes like me). I would be happy with boost/vac and oil pressure and it looks like 2 52mm gauges will fit in there nicely plus be easy on the eye.

Edit: eGauges is a great place to get VDO gauges. Link

The boot and oil total $94.40 without shipping.

VDO Gauges:
Oil:

Boost:

For reference (part number etc) see attached image.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Anyone get something like this for a 2010-2013 Outback? I want to find something to stick in flip down in the center stack. I have a 2013 2.5i

·
Registered
131 Posts
That would be nice!!

I hate that big silver gap between the radio and temp controls. Would love to add some more "color" to the car, especially at night, so I figure the only thing that might really work would be gauges that show water temp,volt meter, oil pressure, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts