Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Ltd Obsidian Black 5MT
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As anyone who has a Gen3 Subaru that has gone through tuning that isn't Cobb AP plug 'n pray knows that the tediousness of plugging and unplugging the green programming connectors in the passenger footwell can attest, it sucks at best.

That's why I've sourced and designed a plug in option for the green programming plugs and am considering making them available for sale.

I would like to know if anyone else would be interested in one of these. I traded @traildogck one of my prototypes in exchange for some custom turbo spacers. He seems to like its simplicity.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guess I should also post a picture of what it looks like up close.

Attachments

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,475 Posts
I like it.

What I'd leap at is an assembly featuring those connectors, wires, and some cheap whatever bare switch.

Then I can use it as-is, or lop off the switch and terminate it on any switch or relay I eventually dream up.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,846 Posts
I like it.

What I'd leap at is an assembly featuring those connectors, wires, and some cheap whatever bare switch.

Then I can use it as-is, or lop off the switch and terminate it on any switch or relay I eventually dream up.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I like it.

I used to make something similar to this. You don't actually need the connectors shown. Basic unshrouded 1/4" fastons work just fine. One male and one female. It's not as elegant looking but functionally the same. We sold ours with 6" wires and a flat rocker switch because the WRX connectors were up under the dash by your left knee.

This is a nicely packaged item though. Good job finding the proper connectors and the modular switch housing.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used to make something similar to this. You don't actually need the connectors shown. Basic unshrouded 1/4" fastons work just fine. One male and one female. It's not as elegant looking but functionally the same. We sold ours with 6" wires and a flat rocker switch because the WRX connectors were up under the dash by your left knee.

This is a nicely packaged item though. Good job finding the proper connectors and the modular switch housing.
Yeah, I saw that the pins are the same size as your typical connectors, but wanted something a bit more secure and that didn't look cobbled together.

The boxes I actually designed and 3d printed.

Attachments

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,223 Posts
I really like it. Luv hitting that switch, it's means I have a new XRT tune.

I like the connectors and the extra length. You you could put it in the console, or the glove as permanent home. Currently I have the switch box in a similar location to Logie_OBXT.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yeah, I saw that the pins are the same size as your typical connectors, but wanted something a bit more secure and that didn't look cobbled together.

The boxes I actually designed and 3d printed.

Agreed on the connectors. Especially since they're down in the stupid footwell where they can get kicked. I noticed the writing on the box and thought maybe you printed the lid or something. Nice work.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,223 Posts
It says programming to indicate (connected) and the Drive for the open position.

I really like it.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agreed on the connectors. Especially since they're down in the stupid footwell where they can get kicked. I noticed the writing on the box and thought maybe you printed the lid or something. Nice work.
You'd think I'd know how to properly display things.

Yes, it says Program in the 'On' position and Drive! in the 'Off' position.

Still trying to get the print just right, but don't know if I've got the patience or exacting equipment.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts