Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Just trying to get a feel if there is enough interest in getting front skid plates made. I work with Rally Armor on these as they manufactur them and we sell them. They are willing to make skid plates for us for Legacy/Outbacks but need a firm commitment from 5 buyers before they start making them. Shoot me a PM/IM/E-mail if you would be interested. You can check out the WRX ones on http://AZPInstalls.com

-mike

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
Hey thats pretty neat, question though- what would they cover on an Outback as far as the underbody? What parts and how far would they go back? How thick is the material being used? Any general info would be very useful, I'm interested myself. Thanks for your time:)

Registered
2003 H6-3.0 Wagon (non-VDC, non-LLB)
AZP Installs said:
The cover from the Crossmember forward to the bottom of the front bumper.
I think we have something plastic there now, correct?

If this were easy to install, I'd definitely be interested...the plastic's not going to hold up long-term.

Registered
outback skid plates

not a bad idea...I've already crunched the front plastic piece under our car but it's still hanging on by a thread.

One thing I noticed at first glance....a guy will have to remove that whole plate for oil changes, right? The original plastic piece has a handy sliding door thingy for access to the filter.

Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
I got the factory skid plate set on my 98. The front is smaller than I expected and the rear is larger than I expected. I can't say for sure that either of them has done much work yet, although on at least two occasions I have had a large road obstacle bang on the bottom of the car as I passed over it (a big chunk of truck tire tread on the highway, and a streetlight reflector dish on a city street).

The rear can serve as a jacking point. You can easily see if an OB has one if you look at it from behind; it's a big square-looking box. You either see that, or the diff itself.

(edited to say - the factory front has several access holes and slots, and is not a solid sheet)

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
4 or 5 bolts and about 3 minutes you can have it on/off. There aren't any access holes for oil changes only cause to get a hole in it would reduce the strength, some have a place to take off the drain plug, but that is pointless since you need to remove it to get the filter off anyway! :)

Looks like there is interest in this, I'm gonna get on Rally Armor's case, shoot me e-mails so I can forward them over.

-mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts