Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day fellow Aussies, this thread is for you to say Hi to the rest of us, let us know about your Outback, discuss anything Aussie related.. It can't replace the previous Aussie Outback Owners thread which mysteriously disappeared, but it can continue on the tradition.. Feel free to repost your previous information here too..

I'll start... I'm Karl from Brisbane and I have a 2004 3.0R Premium pack (similar to USDM MY04 VDC), Silver Outback :D I've done a little light offroad enjoying state forests and I love the whole Outback experience. (I feel like I should be saying "Hi, I'm Karl and I'm an Outbackaholic" hehe

Cheers,

Karl

·
Registered
90 Outback Twin Turbo
16 Posts
Hi all my name is Dave and im currently in the process of moving to Qld from NSW. I did not have the funds to go and buy myself an Outback so i made one from a 90 Liberty, it has a 2in lift with some 15in rims with 28in tyres on them and a rear LSD powering it is an EJ20 Twin turbo and an automatic gearbox.

·
Registered
MY17 Subaru Outback 3.6R
288 Posts
I must have missed this thread...I'm Chris from Brisbane and have a MY01 Outback manual in Dark Blue. Haven't done any dirt roads yet but planning has begun for several trips north, south and west of Brisbane.

·
Registered
99 Outback Ltd 2.5 5sp Man
1 Posts
XT for OZ?

G'day - Craig from Sydney.

I'm new to this forum, which i stumbled across when i was trying to hunt down some information on the new Outback XT.

I am currently an owner of a 99 Ltd 2.5 5sp which I have had since new. Like Karl I would also consider myself an "Outbackaholic". Love the car but of course are looking to upgrade to new model but can't see anything significant to lure me at this point (would only consider the 6 cyl with a 6sp man). That is until now - would anyone be able to tell me (speculate?) if Subaru are planning to release the XT in Australia?

I'm drooling at the prospect (especially in manual)....

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcom cbuckland!

Yeah it would be great to have a 6speed manual like the Liberty Spec B, which is the 3.0R motor with 6 speed manual. Knowing that motor pretty well I can say it would really rock with a 6 speed, it's a very peaky motor, LOVES to rev. I'm still not a fan of turbo's but an equivalent XT would be great too. I did read that for the Euro 05 model there would be a Liberty Spec B, so cross your fingers ;)

·
Registered
2001 Outback 2.5l Auto white on silver
14 Posts
Liam, Canberra, 2001 Outback. :)

Hey, I saw a slammed Forester GT with chrome bling bling wheels yesterday ... is it just me, or is that wrong! :eek:

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5X
14 Posts
G'day
I'm John from the great south east. Just bought this car (have retired the "81 suby 1800 wagon ... 23 yrs old ... rough round the edges but runs like clockwork) If the outback lasts as long as the old wagon I'll be well pleased.
Congrats on a great site ... useful and easy to use {for a fella who grew up with fountain pens and blotting paper}

·
Kiwi Moderator, ,
Long term Subaru Owner - Current Daily Drive: 2007 Lexus RX350, and E46 BMW 328i
1,142 Posts
Hi guy's - Grant here form NZ - hope you have room for a kiwi (well, next week I will be an Aussie temporarily as we will be in melbourne for a few days).

Anyway, I have an 2002 H6 Limited (VDC, leather all the gear) and it is my 7th Subaru, although a couple were company cars so I had little choice over them.

Do some regular (light) off roading such as beachwork, rough farm tracks and riverbanks to get to fishing holes etc. Also snows a bit here in the winter and we get good repeated frosts which don't look so spectacular but sure are more unforgiving!

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to see some new posts in here, and NZ'ers are welcome anytime :D

CHeers,
Karl

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5 manual
2 Posts
Hi all,

Paul here from Melbourne. Recently acquired a 2002 (MY03) Outback 2.5 Manual - white.

Love the car, and glad to find this site.

·
Registered
H6 Ltd My 02
56 Posts
G'day from downunder

G'day all,
I'm Rob from Melbourne and owner of 2 Outbacks and found this forum purely by accident!

I have a 2.5 Ltd auto MY02 and as of a few days ago, an extra one to to grace the garage with an H6 MY02 Ltd.

The 2.5 will go and it has been a terrific car but the H6 came out of left field and at 30 G's, I couldn't look past it. It would have been 38K at any dealership but I picked it up privately.

On both cars I have removed the ugly foglight grills which makes a huge difference in appearance and removed the Outback badges on the front doors.
I'm obviuosly a window tinter (for the last 29 years) and I have fitted the very latest hi-tech ceramic solar control films to these cars and done the sunroofs as well.

If anyone needs any technical information or any questions answered re window tinting, I'd be more than glad to help out.

Cheers for now,
Rob.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome Rob! It's good to see another Aussie here, specially a H6 owner :D I do have a question actually, can the glass sunroof on my MY04 Outback be tinted on the inside to make it more usable? I can't have the shade open at all except at dusk or at night due to way too much light and heat entering the cabin.

Cheers,

Karl

·
Registered
H6 Ltd My 02
56 Posts
No worries for me Karl (my son's name so I can't forget that).

If only I knew how to post photos...I'm no computer nerd.

I have done lots of them both in sedan and wagon in all models including the current.

Rob.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts