Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This all started after I replaced the stock battery.

About 2 months ago I finally replaced the stock battery. I went with a Duralast Gold as it was really the only option in AutoZone. I was told it has a higher cold crank amp's than the stock so I figured that was a good idea.

Shortly after when I start the Outback the gear box will start making an erratic clicking noise as though I am pressing down on the brake pedal. The only way to get it to stop is to actually press down on the brake pedal.

Since this is only my 2nd post I am not able to attach the link to the video on youtube.

I was also told by a friend that with new vehicle's you have to set the cold cranking amps if they are higher with a diagnostic tool. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,416 Posts
On many newer vehicles it can be tricky to swap batteries but, I have never heard about a CCA setting.

details on car?

·
Registered
2006 Saab 9-2x 2.5i N/A M/T
84 Posts
When you say gearbox, do you mean the gear selector area or the transmission? Sounds like maybe the brake switch is being activated. Do the brake lights come on coinciding with the erratic clicking?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is on a 2013 Outback 2.5 with the CVT . I will get a video of it so you can hear the clicking coming from the gear selecting area.

·
Registered
2006 Saab 9-2x 2.5i N/A M/T
84 Posts
Thats what I was thinking too. See if the the brake lights on the rear of the vehicle are lighting when this happens. If so, it could be a faulty brake switch or just a clearance issue at the pedal/switch interface that needs tweaking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts