Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Outback L.L Bean Edition 3.0L H6
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I had recently gotten an exhaust system put together for my OB and wanted to share with you the system. It was custom-made by a local shop. I had the shop make it out of stainless because I live in the rust belt area (that being Ohio).

System specs:
Exhaust diameter: 2 1/4in (OE size) made out of 409 Stainless.
Muffler: APH-XS1235
Resonator: APH-XS0445

Other tidbits:

From midpipe to muffler is made up of four bends in a small space. (The guy that did this said it was a pain to do, courtesy of the clearance between the exhaust pipe and the sway bar.) These were mandrel bent pieces from Lylles exhaust.
The bends used were:
4 x mandrel 2 1/4 45deg bends
1x mandrel 2 1/4 90 deg bend.

Hardware:
2x M10x1.5x80 flange bolt
2x M10x1.5 distorted-thread flange lock nut
2x Oversized washer, 3/8" screw size 1" OD 0.06"
1x Flat band exhaust clamp
1x 2 1/4 exhaust flange (PN: 1471S)

(BTW, I'm basically copying this stuff from my work order.)

I'll include some more pictures as well as a sound video in posts below this one.

Completed exhaust system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can assure you, this system isn't that loud. A bit louder than stock, but that was the original idea. And as far as cost, it cost me 800 and 1 dollars ($801).

·
Registered
2005 Outback VDC limited 3.0r
1,303 Posts
I have raptor headers, high flow cats, and res. Down to single exit like yours. I had a high flow muffler. I liked the sound, not loud. But had a tinging at 3.5-4k(like honda farther cannon buzz) changed the muffler to a quieter one. Didn't fix that issue. And just havnt been back to the shop to change the muffler out, and figure out what is causing that noise.

·
Registered
'17 Outback Limited 3.6R in Venetian Red.
647 Posts
The shop did a great job TIG welding. Looks very clean and precise. Glad you are enjoying your new exhaust. I had an aftermarket exhaust on my H6 but ultimately it droned too much, and have gone back to stock.

Reactions: Kwinabyte

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When this was being put together I was super worried about there being drone. The guy who put it together for me was surprised how quiet it ended up turning out. It's louder than an oem exhaust butnot by a whole lot.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts