Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC/VTD 5eat , 2'' lift
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I mean they not large problems but in rear if you using 225/65R17 tires without wheel spacers they will rub spring in full drop , and i mean full drop without sway bar .
and then that drop will be limited by Cv axle , as suspension drop it goes inside too so that axle getting pressed inside and thats all it can take. on previous 2001 rear links are same and i found that using little shorter rear axle from some impreza model would let drop some more .
all that if you want to get most drop with lift not just lift , so if you leave rear sway bar and put smaller tires you wont have any of those problems, but then why not try to get maximum from your lift

my 25 mm spacer it too much for those tires as it clears tire from spring but then tire will rubb outside fender when suspended,so 15 mm maybe would be ideal, or put narrower 215 tires and smaller size too like 60 not 65

front wheel with sway bar connected drops about 10cm down
rear without sway bar still drop just 10cm there, because CV axle wont let it , some another 5cm i think could be reached with shorter CV axles that some subaru models have. could be just some 10-15 bucks from scrapyard for axle. not sure yet would that still fit my 2005 model in rear but it was good for 2001 rear

·
Registered
307 Posts
215/65/16 and a 2 inch lift , rear sway bar removed and i have never had any issues with any part of the drive train except the rear trans mount , replaced with a new mount and an insert and all good

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes 215/65r16 a lot smaller and narrower

Im thinking as one option put smaller tires

Other option that could solve like all problems in rear would be adjustable links
It would solve axle being too long problem so wheel would drop more too

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like it would be that easy to find 215 tires on this size and ones that you want . There isnt . 16 size tires so i need new rims for those so then tires with rims will cost even more. Its hard to find tires rly here . Its not your place there where you cam just find so much choises.

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i
241 Posts
These problems are the reason that most of the commercially available lifts include subframe and trailing arm spacers with any lift 2" or greater. Solves these issues...

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,053 Posts
These problems are the reason that most of the commercially available lifts include subframe and trailing arm spacers with any lift 2" or greater. Solves these issues...
True, but the rear subframe spacers cause a separate issue. The change the pinion angles. This is what causes the "wobble" so many folks with lifts get. Lucky I know someone with a remedy for that know issue.

:love:

·
Registered
307 Posts
True, but the rear subframe spacers cause a separate issue. The change the pinion angles. This is what causes the "wobble" so many folks with lifts get. Lucky I know someone with a remedy for that know issue.

:love:
the " wobble " is caused by the trans mount . not the trail arms

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,053 Posts
The "wobble" is caused by mismatched pinion angles. These new angles cause low speed vibrations in the u-joint. It is also casued by increased CV axle angle. The sock mount has a void in the center for "compliance" when these new angles are introduced, the mount can't keep up. So the CKE insert stabilizes the mount.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i dont have rear subframe spacers thats why my rear strut is on not best angle , so i shouldnt have wobble from that do i ? i have some vibration on steering wheel on about 80-100km/h speed. front sway bar is connected, sterring rack or links doesnt have any loosenes , so duno tires maybe .
with 2' lift they just give you rear spacers for control arm nothing else. noone putting any spacers anywhere else with just 2' lift, with more yes , but not 2'.

and another thing that rear sawy bar in stock form after lift its doesnt fit ther anymore, as wheels going inside, sway bar becomes too long to fit there. Dont know how or do others keep there sway bars, its just not possible physicaly to keep it here after lift
its not that i need it in rear but even if i would like to keep it i couldnt , not in oem place anyway and i dont see any solution there because its just too long. those adjustable links would solve that i guess too. but aftermarket links are not legal here or in europe at all.

and about those cv axles i guess noone cared who did lift for those models same for 2nd gen in rear same thing, with lift your cv axle becomes limitation for drop. but i saw noone talk about that , i found that solution myself when i got shorter cv axle from scrapyard and tested it out.

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i
241 Posts
with 2' lift they just give you rear spacers for control arm nothing else. noone putting any spacers anywhere else with just 2' lift, with more yes , but not 2'.
That's not necessarily true. The good ones include trailing arm spacers and rear subframe spacers starting with their 2" lift. I know for SURE that Subie Lift Oz does. 2" trailing arm spacers and 2" subframe spacers are part of his 2" lift. Anything bigger gets larger spacers equivalent to the amount of lift.

and another thing that rear sawy bar in stock form after lift its doesnt fit ther anymore, as wheels going inside, sway bar becomes too long to fit there. Dont know how or do others keep there sway bars, its just not possible physicaly to keep it here after lift
Rear subframe spacers address this issue as well, since the rear swaybar is mounted to the subframe.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
still to make rear all straight and good you need longer links or adjustable links. or maybe yes if you put spacers there , not sure it will bring your rear wheel outside more, for that you will still need adjustable links. noone seeling that large strut spacer kit anyway there. 5cm is all clear and not that problematic without any other spacer just strut ones. but now i fixed most things on 7cm spacers as well. front is fine , rear would need adjustable links or shorter axle from some impreza models , and wheel would drop some more there, some. not that its needed as VDC works its magic anyway when wheel is in air, but still ,so i reached maximum drop in front all ready , nothing else there would work just again spacers everywhere, but thats not lift anymore if tou drop stuff down. i lift them up for now. nothing is dropped down .

and yes i ment trailing arm spacers not control arm. so they give you those, with 2' lift its no need anything else there, because noone making lift kit with maximum rear drop in mind , they just making lift kit for lift, not drop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts