Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Outback
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all;
My sunroof window took a piece of gravel and is cracked. I'm told these are super easy to replace, longs as you can get the shims lined up.
I've been trying to find a youtube video, but no luck. Does anyone know where something like that is? I plan to try my luck at the salvage yard this weekend.

Also, if anyone knows where I can order the glass online at a reasonable price that'd be great if I don't have luck at the salvage yard.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
7,558 Posts
I assume you're talking about the smaller tip-up part in the front, not the larger rear piece, since that's the one that likely would be damaged by a gravel strike.

It's quite easy, and unlike the rear piece, doesn't involve shim adjustments.

Service manual removal procedure is attached; installation is simply the reverse of removal.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Outback
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but it unfortunately is the larger part that slides back and forth that took the hit.
If you have a manual for that it'd be a big help. I know a subaru tech that'd help me install, but I have to get a part, probably out of a salvage yard where I may have to pull it myself.

·
Registered
2006 Outback
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks JohnRe! Yes, it's the wagon I have.
Do you happen to know if you can take it out if you don't open the front?
May be picking from a scrap yard and may not be able to open it.

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Outback 3.0R VDC Limited
10 Posts
I bought my OBW with the Pano Roof not functioning. I was *told* that the cable that pulls the roof back is unhook from the glass. However, I assume (for sake of worst case scenario) that I'll need to replace whole assembly. This is like $475. And I want to say my shop quoted me $600 for labor.

It involves removing the entire headliner, which could get kinda hectic.

Since it's not leaking, I haven't made it a priority to fix. The rear glass does sag in one corner, but I jerry-rig shimmed it tight with a hard foam/rubber block.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts