Subaru Outback Forums banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Sorry. Been very busy and more focus on emails. It is always better to email me than posting.

The advice given is great and I can tell you the whole Exhaust system along with the turbo is restrictive.

I would advice on an upgrade of the whole system for better performance.

Please email me

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,174 Posts
With Ed, you will get to love or hate your car.
Wait, aren't they the same thing?

:8:

I have never felt so much...

:banghead:

:cursin:

:behead:

From something that give me so much...

:love:

At the same time. Oh right...the ying-yang of a hot turbo station wagon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the input guys! I was definitely planning on giving it a once over, But I'll read up a little more on checking for vacuum and boost leaks- and make sure I have those under control after I get my parts on it-and then shoot Ed an email.

I guess just try to stay out of boost when I get my parts on until I get it tuned? (Although I will talk to Ed and install parts according to his tuning schedule.)

I'll email you when I've got everything lined up Ed. @west_minist

Thanks again,
Coe

·
Master Caster
16,174 Posts
I guess just try to stay out of boost when I get my parts on until I get it tuned? (Although I will talk to Ed and install parts according to his tuning schedule.)

Coe
Well you really don't know without logging.

Logging data is step one, start reading up on that. Many of us have problems just getting the logging and flashing software configured. Having all that in place would put you ahead.

·
Registered
Outback 2.0XT, Audi TTq, Ducati M750
331 Posts
You get some boost even if you connect the wastegate straight to the compressor, about 5-6psi

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered my tactrix 2.0 and will try to download rom-raider this weekend! I also ordered my innovate wideband. Not too far away from being able to get tuned! Can't wait!

Would like to be able to get together with my Colorado XRT brothers one of these days as well!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Sounding very good. I am planning a trip, but I cannot determine where to go and when.

I would like to close to a Dynopack or mustang Dyno and near a race track.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,556 Posts
Sounding very good. I am planning a trip, but I cannot determine where to go and when.

I would like to close to a Dynopack or mustang Dyno and near a race track.
why don't you go see @traildogck, ....I am sure he has spare fall and winter coats, and you can drive Francine or the Cherry Bomb on the drag race track,...or maybe even on the reservoir ice track.

·
Master Caster
16,174 Posts
Ordered my tactrix 2.0 and will try to download rom-raider this weekend! I also ordered my innovate wideband. Not too far away from being able to get tuned! Can't wait!

Would like to be able to get together with my Colorado XRT brothers one of these days as well!
Where are you at anyway. The other 2 of us are North Denver area.

The Innovate WB was a good choice. I am probably making the Red car difficult by not having one.

·
Master Caster
16,174 Posts
I dont mind the snow, but would a semi working holiday and get change to have time with customers on the track. Not a drag track.
A proper road course. Subarus have no business at the drag strip other than WOT runs. Those can be done on the dyno. Road course data logging, back to the dyno...that would be a nice trip.

Watkins Glen in Upstate NY, except the season is probably about over due to weather. There are more XRT folks in that neighborhood. Even our fair Mod could make the drive...

There is a nice road course out here...but it is unsupported. It's kinda like a campground RV park. Having the mobile dyno would be expensive.

·
Master Caster
16,174 Posts
Dyno is once. Track is for fun out and customers get to drive with someone with experience.
Oh ... you mean more a fun trip, not so much a working trip. Northeast is probably still the best location. Unless we all want to go to Speed Vegas. But then why not drive a supercar instead.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,556 Posts
A proper road course. Subarus have no business at the drag strip other than WOT runs. Those can be done on the dyno. Road course data logging, back to the dyno...that would be a nice trip.

Watkins Glen in Upstate NY, except the season is probably about over due to weather. There are more XRT folks in that neighborhood. Even our fair Mod could make the drive...

There is a nice road course out here...but it is unsupported. It's kinda like a campground RV park. Having the mobile dyno would be expensive.

if XRT wants to pay the track fees, and for my hotel room I would be willing to drive my untuned H6 somewhere.

(studded snows going on around the last week in november)

looks like Watkins Glen is having a beer / hard cider fest
Events Calendar - Watkins Glen International

_____

other road course tracks that I know of in the Northeast:

https://www.monticellomotorclub.com/experience-mmc/driving-experiences/ (MMC is really new, and fancy, vs. the other ones,...fresh pavement, and rich retired race drivers and actors keep cars there and area houses to drive there often)

Programs for Individuals | Lime Rock Park

·
Master Caster
16,174 Posts
if XRT wants to pay the track fees, and for my hotel room I would be willing to drive my untuned H6 somewhere.
I think you may mis-understand the amount of liquid $ resources a niche custom tuner like XRT has on hand.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,556 Posts
I think you may mis-understand the amount of liquid $ resources a niche custom tuner like XRT has on hand.
but what would happen if,...he tunes my 3700 lb sled, into a rocket in front of mario andretti or jerry seinfeld,....and shaves a whole half minute off the 4 mile lap time,....and then they want their own H6 subarus for him to tune. (vs. their snore fest antique porsche and ferrari things).

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,556 Posts
101 - 120 of 131 Posts