Subaru Outback Forums banner
121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounding very good. I am planning a trip, but I cannot determine where to go and when.

I would like to close to a Dynopack or mustang Dyno and near a race track.
@west_minist: Definitely go on your trip without worry of me. It will take me time to get the wideband installed and be ready to be tuned. Life is busy with a young family!

Btw, I took your advice and got full exhaust from the turbo back, as well as an uppipe, that I will install before we tune. I will email you once I have become familiar with data logging, but before I put my parts on, so I know when it works for you!

Where are you at anyway. The other 2 of us are North Denver area.

The Innovate WB was a good choice. I am probably making the Red car difficult by not having one.
I'm down south of Denver, by Monument. But I work in Castle Rock which may as well be South Denver these days!

On the wideband, I saw that west _minist suggested having an innovate, so I went over to order one, and saw that innovate now makes an analog-style wideband! It will look much better in the car than the digital one I believe! I was stoked! Cost more though! :headshake: :22:

·
Registered
Outback 2.0XT, Audi TTq, Ducati M750
333 Posts
JDM 2.0 is relevant to my interests :nerd:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
JeffR - 2008 Subaru Legacy Outback XT 2.5 5EAT - Tuning - Xtreme Racing Tuning

Ed is great to work with. Very helpful setting up logging parameters and explaining what you need next. Very capable on the programming end and very impressive in his ability to dig the pertinent information out of your logs.
I came to Ed because of some strange things my 5eat transmission was doing after my car was tuned by another tuner. So far he has improved the shifting characteristics and the acceleration curve. The drive by wire delays are gone and manual mode shifting now acts like the shift lever is actually connected to the transmission.
After Ed found that I was experiencing excessive back pressure (original exhaust with 150,000 miles on it) and a partially plugged catalytic converter, I replaced the exhaust and ran a catalyst cleaner through the system. Big increase in both power and fuel economy. Looking forward to the next steps.
The acceleration on the latest rom is so fun I can't confirm current fuel economy but I was seeing 30mpg at 70mph on flat ground

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Rotrex Supercharged 2004 EDM Subaru Outback H6 3.0R 5EAT

BartoszB - 2004 EDM Subaru Outback H6 3.0R 5EAT - SC Tuning - Xtreme Racing Tuning

Mods
20160524_204457.jpg
20160524_204457.jpg (60.28 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
- Rotrex C38-81
- 65mm Pulley
- Stock MAF mounted in 76mm pipe before SC
- 550x230x65mm Intercooler: http://fmic.pl/jednostronne/279-interco ... x65mm.html
- Cone filter
Supertech 8.5:1 Pistons
- 76mm piping before SC, 63mm after (incl. IC)
- MAP mounted in stock place in intake manifold
- OEM Subaru Dump Valve (from Forester turbo), return pipe goes into pipe just before SC but after MAF
- Deatschwerks DW200 fuel pump
- STI Pink injectors

Rotrex C38-81
Power: 220-485kw (300-660hp)
Max Flow: 0.58 kg/s (1004CFM) (77lb/min)
Max Presure Ratio: 2.85

121 - 131 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.