Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SAP OB
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
before we start I will not use the Brembos they are to much cash

Has anyone used EBC pads/ rotors. I do a lot of high speed driving and I’m looking for a better then stock.

On the EBC pads it comes with no hardware do you just not use clips with their pads and it also states to use the stock shims ours has and inner and outer and it says to only use one shim. So what shim and clips if any did you use.

What other manufacturers have you guys used that would suit my driving needs. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,395 Posts
do you run sticky tires? tires are the first/best upgrade.

plenty of people like EBC stuff.

I run Stoptech Street Performance pads (they have a different name now) on my WRX, long lasting, good modulation, no noise, no drama at cold temps, higher MOT than hawk. And affordable.

·
Registered
2014 2.5 Limited CVT
201 Posts
There was a tsb, cant remember for which model year, to remove the inner shims due to excessive squeal. I removed them from my 14 and it didn't make any difference (didnt have squeal to begin with).

·
Registered
05 LGT Limited Wagon
145 Posts
Do you have a 2.5 or 3.6. The 10-14 3.6 and 10-12 Legacy gt is actually a bigger caliper than a 2.5. Could alway upgrade to those from someone who has upgraded to brembos or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts