Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2013 2.5i OB Limited
174 Posts
although I have no idea how you managed to reach behind the radio trim piece to pop it out. I just kind of grabbed the corner of the cubby and pulled gently to start it off
Some threads prior have mentioned that those of us with the H/K radio will also have a sat receiver in the spot the OP pulls from, keeping our hand from fitting behind the unit. Maybe this stopped you as well?

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i Satin White Pearl, Lineartronic CVT
21 Posts
Would the dealer be able to install this, and if so, any idea of how much they would charge? I have a '14 base model 2.5i, and that rear compartment is plenty dark at night! I'm thinking I'll just have to carry my LED head light and use it while loading/unloading at night!

·
Registered
'14 OB 2.5i CVT
2 Posts
Great write-up OP! How are these connected electronically - do they just turn on with DRLs, or is there a way to set them up on their own circuit?

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i ltd. 2010 Tacoma wheeling rig.
20 Posts
Would the dealer be able to install this, and if so, any idea of how much they would charge? I have a '14 base model 2.5i, and that rear compartment is plenty dark at night! I'm thinking I'll just have to carry my LED head light and use it while loading/unloading at night!
Why don't you upgrade the bulb in the rear compartment? I ordered a 20 led circuit board that plugs into a dummy bulb that plugs in same as the oem bulb, but its way brighter. >$15 and >15 minutes of work.

OP come on man! where are the finished product shots! I'd love to see how it looks at night.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R Limited, Toyota pickup crawler
9 Posts
JLink,
Whats the part number of that LED that you used???

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium CVT
15 Posts
Random question.
Do you by chance remember, when pulling the A Pilar, if you noticed the sheet metal to the roof of the car?
I am planning on puting a light bar up top and want to drill a hole in the roof, below the sheet metal looking weather stripping, and run the wire down the A pilar.

Thanks

21 - 28 of 28 Posts