Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 OB 2.5i Premium CVT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't wish to ask the same question as everyone else has a hundred times before, so I did several searches and did not see my problem listed.

We have a 2010 that has water leaking onto the rear cargo area.
According to where my Wife points out the water was standing after a heavy rain, it could be dripping from the molding on the top of the roof line.
The hatch gasket looks perfect, and I thought the "wire boots" looked good.

Does anyone know if there are known points of egress around the hatch area?

We are forecasted for rain all week so I'm trying to minimize my troubleshooting time.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 limited, white, no moonroof or nav
1,698 Posts
Do you have a moonroof? Some others have had leaks at the moonroof that showed up in the cargo area.

·
Registered
2010 OB 2.5i Premium CVT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No moon roof.
It does seem its more to the car ceiling side, than it does the lift gate.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I suggest some quality time with a hose, and a second person. One person inside the car, and the other judiciously wetting down suspect areas. If it is coming from the roof, I would suspect the penetrations for the roof rack. But it will be easy enough to eliminate the hatch gasket, etc. Good luck.

·
Registered
2010 OB 2.5i Premium CVT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that was my exact plan.
Unfortunately it cannot happen until Thursday.
That leaves two more rainy days to soak up.
Thank goodness we have a cargo mat to catch it.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
With a couple of minutes to think about this, one thing you could check quickly is the mounting bolts in the bottom of the holes that the swing part of cross bars pulls out of. If one of those backed out, there is a nice reservoir to hold rain, giving it a perfect place to trickle in from.

If the hole is not full before you pull the end of the crossbar out when while it is raining, that almost has to be it. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts