Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Outback 2.5I Limited Tungsten with Ivory leather
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new Outback owner (1 month and 1 day).

I want some accessories for my car, such as the wheel arch moldings and splash guards. I am wondering if the prices of accessories for the 2019 Outback will get cheaper (discounted, clearance, go on sale, etc.) once the Gen 6; 2020 Outback comes out?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R Crystal White Pearl/black interior
327 Posts

I want some accessories for my car, such as the wheel arch moldings and splash guards. I am wondering if the prices of accessories for the 2019 Outback will get cheaper (discounted, clearance, go on sale, etc.) once the Gen 6; 2020 Outback comes out?

Thanks.
Probably not, since the demand will still be high for the 2014-2018 Outbacks.

·
Registered
Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited
3 Posts
Don't forget to haggle on accessories, especially if you want to place a large order. I've never had to pay full price and depending on what it is I get between 10-20% off. If you've a few Subaru dealers in your neighbourhood [I don't] you may be able to beat them down on price.

·
Registered
'17 Outback 3.6R Limited
26 Posts
Don't forget to haggle on accessories, especially if you want to place a large order. I've never had to pay full price and depending on what it is I get between 10-20% off. If you've a few Subaru dealers in your neighbourhood [I don't] you may be able to beat them down on price.
Is that something you talk straight to the dealer about or should you have a quotable lower price ready on hand to wave in their faces? I'm thinking of going with the wheel well molding footwell lighting and window deflectors at once

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Is that something you talk straight to the dealer about or should you have a quotable lower price ready on hand to wave in their faces? I'm thinking of going with the wheel well molding footwell lighting and window deflectors at once
You could install all that yourself. Subaruonlineparts has a thread where you can get a discount code... that’s off their lower prices too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The wheel well moulding is good. The footwell lighting is not bright and doesn't stay on once 'drive' is selected so try to see if you like it before forking out - LEDs are super cheap and there's probably a better alternative than the Subaru parts. My dealer is fairly cool with me haggling; if you get too much push back I'd call a couple service stations/parts depts and get a quote. I'd ask for 20% but usually, have to accept 10% off. Good luck haggling!

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited, 3.6R, Abyss Blue
154 Posts

Thanks.
Congrats on your new "baby"!

I have never seen the accessories get cheaper, via list price. But they do frequently go on sale and can be purchased anywhere from 10 to 20% off either directly from Subaru, the dealer, online parts retailers. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats on your new "baby"!

I have never seen the accessories get cheaper, via list price. But they do frequently go on sale and can be purchased anywhere from 10 to 20% off either directly from Subaru, the dealer, online parts retailers. Good luck!

Found this Canadian company that does Subaru parts - SubieDepot .ca - I've never used them but the prices are much cheaper than the dealership.

·
Registered
19 2.5i OB LTD w/SSD Strt Twr Brc + OEM 19mm RSB
1,251 Posts
You can find OEM accessories on eBay and Amazon. Often free shipping. I spent less than a song on nets via both. Getting the seat back protector via Amazon, and maybe 5 to 10 dollars cheaper.

I'd like the wheel well moldings / liners but wow, they are crazy expensive.

·
Registered
2019 Outback
709 Posts
The 2019 models are still being made (or recently stopped). These will be a featured vehicle and one that’s modified for quite some time still.

I’m hoping we see more things come out for them as time goes on.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts

Yep. You can go to Subaru's site, or Subaruonlineparts (or others with OEM accessories) and they still stock and list Gen4 and Gen3 parts... and the prices really have not dropped significantly.

Wheel arch moldings,as an example, for the Gen4 cars (last one was made in 2014) - still the same price as the current model.

Wait for a sale on what you want, but they won't suddenly drop in price unfortunately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
if you buy online from various Subaru dealers the prices are cheaper now. Example 2019 Outback mud flaps retail $113.00 online $89.00. Yes you can haggle with your local guy at the dealer but mine would not match the online price but went to $100.00. There are a lot of good alternatives it seems to the OEM trim parts I just haven't tried them yet. Has anyone else? WeatherTech looks good but the color is not black more grey and that is the only color.

·
Premium Member
'16 Limited 2.5
29 Posts
Check the classified section here, too. I'll likely be getting rid of my stock flaps when I replace with Rally armor (not doing that tonight though). I did see some of those here in other listing though.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R, Crystal White Pearl
487 Posts
The wheel well moulding is good. The footwell lighting is not bright and doesn't stay on once 'drive' is selected so try to see if you like it before forking out - LEDs are super cheap and there's probably a better alternative than the Subaru parts. My dealer is fairly cool with me haggling; if you get too much push back I'd call a couple service stations/parts depts and get a quote. I'd ask for 20% but usually, have to accept 10% off. Good luck haggling!
My footwell lighting stays on all the time.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Premium
125 Posts
I have noticed the gen 4 accessories have dropped in price from selected Subaru sources. For example, I purchased a genuine Subaru rear bumper protector for $48. The 2020 part sells for over $100. The part has a bigger lip than the 2020 equivalent, but I was able to install it easily and looks okay on my 2020 Outback.

·
Registered
2012 ej253 6MT
11 Posts
I have noticed the gen 4 accessories have dropped in price from selected Subaru sources. For example, I purchased a genuine Subaru rear bumper protector for $48. The 2020 part sells for over $100. The part has a bigger lip than the 2020 equivalent, but I was able to install it easily and looks okay on my 2020 Outback.
Not likely , I have a '12 2.5i prem, the accessories like bike racks integrated roof rack components. And any other item like weather mats or trunk organizers are all top dollar, never regressed one bit imo

·
Registered
182 Posts
The parts mgr discounted my wheel arch moldings and Thule base rack system by 15% just by pressing him to give me the benefit of not having to shop the internet ...it was remarkably easy to get him to come off his list price. (I have a ‘17 3.6r touring)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts