Subaru Outback Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,584 Posts
Dealer said they didn't think it could be done. Gave them a copy of the how-to posted here.

Had it back in 45 mins and at no charge.

Had them set it to -4. It's pretty accurate and just about right for my driving.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R
210 Posts
Can you upload that pic directly to this site? When you use a link like that, eventually the link goes bad.

By the way, are you sure your computer was only 1% high. On 25.0 mpg actual, computer would show 25.25. That difference is well within a margin of uncertainty. It is unreasonable to expect more accuracy.
Yeah, I can't seem to open the pic. Any help?

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited, No Eyesight, No Navigation
2,763 Posts
Yeah, I can't seem to open the pic. Any help?
Attached is an uploaded pic of the relevant service manual page. Show this to the dealer. For my OB, the”Mean fuel efficiency” should be reduced by 5%.

453BF32C-69E1-4356-A314-991DE707A6A8.png

·
Registered
2015 2.5i LTD std - Grey/Tan or Tungsten Gold Metallic
10 Posts
The dealer I went to is being obtuse. Can someone kindly provide me with:

1. the exact publication name for the FSM, and ISBN#
and
2.if it is aftermarket or published by Subaru
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,330 Posts

and
Thanks in advance
It doesn't have an ISBN, Subaru does not publish the documentation for sale like that. It's in their proprietary system... the service techs have access to it, and anyone can pay for access (72 hours is only $35, and you can download the FSM, other TSBs for your car... technical reference booklets on how things work).

The name, in Subaru's system (Technical Information System) is document ID G2510BE (2015MY Legacy and Outback Service Manual). It's available as a PDF, or online in separate sections via a browser.

The relevant section of document ID G2510BE (2015MY Legacy and Outback Service Manual) is: BODY SECTION -> COMBINATION METER (DIAGNOSTICS) MET(diag) -> User Customizing

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited, No Eyesight, No Navigation
2,763 Posts

and
Thanks in advance
The service manual I have is called “FSM 2015 (BN-BS)”.

Did you print out that page and show them? They can do a word search for “12. User Customizing”. That page is the first thing that popped when I did that search. Why do some dealers refuse to lift a finger to help?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts