Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for how to disconnect Gen 5 electrical connectors. Some are hard to get too and unclear on how to remove them without damage.

Is there a diagram somewhere? I did a basic search and nothing specific enough.

Right now I am looking at interior connectors such those in the door panels, console and under the seats.

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
8,551 Posts
The service manuals show harness layouts and approximate connector locations, but specific instructions on opening up a given mated connection is fairly generic. There's almost always a plastic latch or latches that have to be pressed and held while gently wiggling things apart, and that's the part of it that a lot of people miss. If you force things, something will break.

It's also best not to pull on the wires when disconnecting, if this can be avoided.

Why are you opening all these connections up? Best to leave things like this alone if they don't have any issues.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The service manuals show harness layouts and approximate connector locations, but specific instructions on opening up a given mated connection is fairly generic. There's almost always a plastic latch or latches that have to be pressed and held while gently wiggling things apart, and that's the part of it that a lot of people miss. If you force things, something will break.

It's also best not to pull on the wires when disconnecting, if this can be avoided.

Why are you opening all these connections up? Best to leave things lie this alone if they don't have any issues.
I am soundproofing the vehicle. Latest is the front doors. The driver's door window and locks electrical connections were particularly difficult. Seems every connector used a different way to disconnect!!! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts