Subaru Outback Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
12,936 Posts
I saw that 8" specification as well but I believe that was total travel - not additional? Im trying to find out how much travel the stock suspension in my 2017 has - I was advised by a few people who really know these Subarus that the Gen 5 doesnt really have the ability to gain much additional travel compared to gen 4 and 3. Not sure how true that is though as these look pretty **** nice.
I can't speak for GR Lite (I haven't installed it yet) but I did install the Ironman 4X4 set up and tested travel and showed a noticeable increase.

I'm not sure why someone would say Gen 5 can't gain more travel. It's honestly been the same suspension or very similar since 2000.

·
Registered
Outback 2017
56 Posts
I can't speak for GR Lite (I haven't installed it yet) but I did install the Ironman 4X4 set up and tested travel and showed a noticeable increase.

I'm not sure why someone would say Gen 5 can't gain more travel. It's honestly been the same suspension or very similar since 2000.
Could be that this person had a financial incentive I suppose......Ill leave it at that.

Probably going to go with the GR plus myself - did you get the OEM hybrid mounts? Seems like those are the least aggressive / will maintain a nice balance between ride quality and performance

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Primitive was great to deal with, super fast shipping and less $ than the LP stuff.
I had the LP front bumper guard already installed so I went with their front skid plate because they fit well together.

·
Registered
Outback 2017
56 Posts
Are you located in Canada or did you just bite the bullet and pay for the shipping? From what I remember the last time I looked it was a huge increase. The stuff does look nice though!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts