Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback Ltd 3.6r
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the easier and less expensive lift kits, that actually provides a meaningful amount of lift is the Ready-Lift, but they only list if for the Gen 5 models. In checking the other spacer plates, and some other miscellaneous parts, it would appear that the Ready-Lift 2" Front/1.5" Rear *should* also fit a Gen 4 Outback. - The only negative I can see if the back end might sit left or slightly lower than the front with the stock springs, as the stock rear springs in at least the 10-12 models are a bit soft.

Has anybody installed the Ready-Lift on a Gen 4 Outback, and if so, how did it turn out? I'm contemplating grabbing their kit, along with maybe a stock height overload springs, which tend to give a tiny increase in height unloaded. - It's a thought, as I'd love to have the vehicle just a tad higher. (I'll swear it's settled since buying it, and even my wife's Crosstrek seems to sit a bit higher now).

·
Registered
2002 OBW, 2.5L, H4, Manual
27 Posts
Reviving this thread. What did you end up doing?

We may be getting into an old but little-used (single owner, older fellow) Gen 4 - 2012 3.6R Premium (only 30,000 miles / 48,000 km). Would love to know if there are other Gen 4 owners who have lifted theirs. I know the 2010-2012 era suspension was a little softer and some owners upgraded to the 2013-2014 suspension (warranty?) or aftermarket. If I wanted to do a lift to make it more off-road capable, but not sacrifice too much road feel, what would be the best route? I'm not looking to rock crawl or anything, mostly just to add clearance for gravel/dirt logging and grazing lease roads that can get pretty slimy/deep at times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts