Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I'm new to this forum and this is the first time I've had to start a new thread--hope I'm doing it right! I went to change the inner tie rods on my 2007 Outback. The workshop manual says there is a tab washer between the end of the rack and the tie rod to prevent it coming unscrewed. Mine hasn't got one, or any other locking device that I can see! I tried (gently) to unscrew it off, but it is rock solid and I,m worried about damaging the rack internals. I feel there must be some kind of locking set-up I'm missing. Just wondered if anyone else has come up against this. I live in the UK, am the second owner of the car, and know the history. Nothing has been done to the steering since new, so this is factory fit. Would be grateful for ANY info. Thanks.

·
Registered
2008, LL Bean Wagon. 3.0L, NAV
23 Posts
You need to use an inner tie rod tool to remove it from the rack. Had a repair shop change one of mine since I didn't have the tool and needed an wheel alignment any way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts