Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am considering swapping a complete EJ257 engine and 6-speed transmission into my Gen3 OB XT 5-speed wagon. I plan to buy a North American model STi complete engine including the turbo, intercooler, intake, transmission, rear diff, ECU and wiring harness. Here's what I'm not sure of:

1) Are there any issues with clearances or the the intercooler fitting up to the hood scoop?
2) Will all the wiring just hook right up if I buy the same model year engine as my OB?
3) Has anyone else done this who can detail the various issues they ran into and how they overcame them?

Thanks,

CobraRGuy

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
You wont find much info here. The trans swap has been done. There are a few threads on it on legacygt.com. The engine swap is a complete waste of time and money. Thats a lot of work for dual avcs and an sti turbo/intercooler. The ej255 and ej257 are way too close to be worth the money, unless you have a blown engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Seabass
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing