Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have searched and searched for an answer to this question but can't seem to come up with a response. I recently purchased a 2010 Outback and want to install a 2" hitch that will allow me to run a Thule T2 bike rack. My question is if anyone has had luck using the T2 in combination with the 2" Hidden Hitch. The problem that I am fearful of is that the Hidden Hitch might be too recessed back behind the bumper, and as a result, will not allow the rack to fold up without the plastic trays on the rack hitting the bumper.

In my search, I have come across people who have successfully used both the Torklift hitch, as well as the Curt hitch. The Torklift is about $70 more than the Hidden Hitch, and I am not a fan of the round tubing on the Curt, nor do I like how it sits lower than any other hitch.

Another option would be a Uhaul 2" hitch, so if someone has had luck with that and a Thule T2, please let me know!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I came across that thread while looking but it seems as though there is no clear answer. "OSU Cyclist" says that it will work, but he "cheated the inside tray back a bit", and "Paragon29er" says that he has a Drawtite and it will not work. I was under the impression that they were essentially the same hitches with different stickers so it's a bit confusing. I was just looking to see if anyone who actually owns the combo has a definitive yes or no before I order a hitch, bolt it up, and find out that it will not work.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R
25 Posts
The T2 clears with my Hidden Hitch, since the Curt sticks out further then the Hidden, I would say it will clear.
Doesn't the OP on that thread say it right here?
Just a thought, but have you tried PMing him? I'm planning on getting a 2" hitch myself and was most likely getting the Hidden Hitch & the Thule later, but I've got a 3rd Gen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts