Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium / 2006 Forester premium
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed LEDs (white) in my 13 OB, though the trunk area is still dimly lit. Are there larger LED panels that will fit in the back dome area? Possible placement of LED strips underneath the cargo cover, and wire it to the 12v source above?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
It is pitifully dim back there. I have thought about solutions, I think it would be nice to wire two lights cut into the plastic trim on either side of the cargo area, just below the level of the retractable cover. This is where my Volvo wagon has two lights and it did a great job of lighting the area.

While it would look ghetto, you could easily wire some stick on LED strip lights on either side, and snake the wire up under the headliner (along the rear hatch weatherstrip) up to the OEM light in the roof. You can buy these by the foot on Ebay for cheap.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium / 2006 Forester premium
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ebay seems to have a few options, there is an LED adapter allows you to hook up a larger panel/array of leds for the dome. Will give it a shot and load up some photos. A little wary of piggy-backing my roof lights, but being able to wire in a light on each side would sure look nice...gotta be a little nook in there below the cargo-cover that'd look oem enough.

·
Registered
2013 OB Limited 2.5 CVT
53 Posts

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts