Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

After some rain last night noticed water in cargo hold of my Gen4. Any thoughts on what to check? Attached pictures. No debris in channels that run along permiter of the hatch. Appears to be coming out of section in second picture.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,495 Posts
I've seen a few threads that implicated the center high-mount stop light. Worth using that in a search.

·
Premium Member
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
2,660 Posts
Look directly above the drip landing points to start your search. on some other threads, people noted that you may need to look at the drains for the roof hatches - they plug up on occasion.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Base 6MT
2 Posts
That's exactly where I had drips when the gasket around my third brake light was leaking. If you take off that center trim piece, you'll probably find a bit of water pooled inside it. The fix proposed in the other threads (scrape off the old gasket material and run a bead of silicone to replace it) has worked for me.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's exactly where I had drips when the gasket around my third brake light was leaking. If you take off that center trim piece, you'll probably find a bit of water pooled inside it. The fix proposed in the other threads (scrape off the old gasket material and run a bead of silicone to replace it) has worked for me.
Any chance there's a diy or pics? No idea what I'm doing with this.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Ltd 2.5 eyesight Nav push button Hole in roof, Lapis Blue
737 Posts
Don't waist time looking for the leak, the leak IS COMING FROM THE 3rd BRAKE LIGHT, trust me been there done that simply remove it and seal it to the hatch with some RTV silicone.. drove me nuts on by 2010.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts