Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Outback w/Eyesight, Venetian Red Pearl
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen so many complaints about the Outback, thought I'd start a new thread. I guess I've been lucky as I have no real complaints and my Outback remains trouble-free and the best darn car I've ever owned.

But, as the OP, I feel an obligation to get this thread started by complaining about something so here goes:

My first complaint is that my car has been performing as designed and I am missing out on complainer camaraderie.

My second complaint is that Subaru presents itself as a dog loving company. Well, I have a cat (two actually). My cats love to sit on top of the Outback, so much so that I had to buy a cover. Why did my dealer not inform me of this; I would of insisted on a cover being included in the purchase deal!

Should I call SOA to voice my complaints?

#miserylovescompany

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've seen so many complaints about the Outback, thought I'd start a new thread. I guess I've been lucky as I have no real complaints and my Outback remains trouble-free and the best darn car I've ever owned.

But, as the OP, I feel an obligation to get this thread started by complaining about something so here goes:

My first complaint is that my car has been performing as designed and I am missing out on complainer camaraderie.

My second complaint is that Subaru presents itself as a dog loving company. Well, I have a cat (two actually). My cats love to sit on top of the Outback, so much so that I had to buy a cover. Why did my dealer not inform me of this; I would of insisted on a cover being included in the purchase deal!

Should I call SOA to voice my complaints?

#miserylovescompany
Cats belong in the Subaru.
Cat Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Whiskers Leg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,379 Posts
The Gen 5 forum is helping me keep my local bar open.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited 3.6r
366 Posts
In all reality the only complaint I have is the head unit. I don't know if it's because I'm a **** millennial to what.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Why hasn't Subaru fixed the Starlink from cutting the GPS functionality of iPhones when connected via USB? It's 2018! They're a Japanese auto maker! A firmware update, badda-bing, badda-boom fixed faster than an oil change on a 2.5i.

And another thing, on iOS 11.3 Beta+ the bluetooth readouts on the headunit are GARBAGE. I think its localized to Apple Music, where it doesn't pull the correct album art half the time, and when it doesn't, it pulls random Artist pictures from Apple Music. And rarely does it ever give the proper readout of the name of the song, album, or artist.
So to get that working you have to use the lightning to usb. BUT WAIT? Then theres no more GPS! Bye Bye GPS!
/Rant
Like, its infuriating having to waste the good money spent on the Harman Kardon speakers when I can only use bluetooth. I have to use Waze daily so its a huge let down.
Other than that solid car, highly recommend.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru OB Premium
260 Posts
This is mostly what these forums are for

Which is why I stay tuned just in case any major mass defects among all models, otherwise I just kind of skip over the individual complaints

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Touring
381 Posts
My daughter and her husband have a cat named Grandma. "Did you let Grandma out?" "No ... did you feed her?"

And happily my wife's cats seem to strongly prefer sitting on her Outback over my Grand Cherokee.

My only real complaint about the new Outback is the driver side mirror won't adjust far enough outwards. Oh and that when I'm driving it and my wife is talking to her sister on the phone, the dash display insists on telling me that my wife is talking to her sister on the phone.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,379 Posts
My Gen 5 complaint...not that I have a Gen 5 of course, is that I've never been in @Brucey's gen 5.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.