Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like a new item coming up.... some sort of hard sidewall protection for the rear cargo area. No good pictures yet, and it's so new it's not on any of the sites to order.

My guess is it will be some similar material as the rear seat back protectors.

It appears to attach like the seat back protectors... little velcro attachment points that adhere to the carpeted surface, and then the shell is held in place by the velcro.

Also, you need to use a template to get them to be properly level and aligned, unless them not being even does not offend your aesthetic sensibilities. And subaru could save some grief by creating things like this with better methods of centering and installing, give up the templates for everything... cargo nets, this thing, trailer hitch cutouts, wheel arch molding... the list grows.

snippets of the install from the instructions:

some sort of adhesive pads.

Now the fun part - using your pinterest crafty skillz, print and cutout the templates. You'll know from your past experience that you should also verify the scale of the printed template by measuring the scale with a ruler (or other length measuring device). This is to ensure the printed template has not been rescaled by your printer or your PDF reader at the time of printing. No need for an explanation, you already know all that.

Now, we use other pinteresty skillz to tape the paper template in place.

then, aligning the protector

Here it gets confusing - it looks like the small velcro attachments may be connected by some large material - implied with "massage the entire adapter pad". Could also be some odd translated thing and really means just make sure that all the attachment points are properly adhered. Dunno. Haven't seen one in person.

And, just finish it up already.

Just thought it was interesting. Might have been a neat accessory available for the launch of the 2020 model.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT, 2015 Outback Limited
23 Posts
Seems interesting, I was actually thinking about something like this the other day when I had some junk in the back of mine. I'll be looking forward to seeing an actual install or picture.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
15 Posts
Did you see what other accessories they are going to release? I deleted that email this morning and I didn't read it. Can't find it now!

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Did you see what other accessories they are going to release? I deleted that email this morning and I didn't read it. Can't find it now!
No, I found this looking for some other instructions (non Gen6 stuff).

I just looked and saw instructions for a console lid protector and a pet friendly padded cargo area protector.

The collapsible pet kennel and the pet ramp I assume are already out... I read those installation instructions in mid November.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts