Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
The biggest thing I saw on the article was the mentioning of Eyesight X. I’m curious if it’s an AU rollout or if they are planning to roll out in the US.

I would be slightly disappointed if I ended up buying the last non Eyesight X model, but again I’m pretty happy with the purchase. No car is perfect.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0 T AWD
513 Posts
What do ya bet we won't get the 360 camera in the US? 😕 Or as Subaru called it "All around view monitoring"

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
What do ya bet we won't get the 360 camera in the US? Or as Subaru called it "All around view monitoring"
Eyesight x uses more radars. The front view monitoring mentioned is the front camera. The side view monitoring is a camera in the passenger mirror as a parking assist, and has been available in Australia in some models in the gen5 cars already.

And I bet you’re right, we won’t get that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fender flares look a bit butch for an Outback but that's down to personal taste.
I will be disappointed if a surround view 360 camera becomes available soon in the US as that's one feature I really miss having.

Grill reminds me of a 2010 Ford Taurus...

Or maybe a GLA - either way not very original or interesting.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0 T AWD
513 Posts
So are we sure we'll be getting this version in the US? I agree it would make sense.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT Ice Silver Metallic
364 Posts
So are we sure we'll be getting this version in the US? I agree it would make sense.
No... what makes you think that Australian link that you posted has anything to do with what we'll get in the US? Search and read through the other threads that have already been posted about this subject.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
7,673 Posts
It's called wishful thinking.
As stated in the other threads certain parts of it may end up in the upcoming wilderness edition but ours is made in the USA and theirs is made in Japan. Typically JDM trim pieces are different than USDM parts because of different tastes (or corporate perception of said taste). New generation eyesight is definitely coming throughout the line but as for which models and when it's uncertain. Similarly those in Japan and Australia are "wishfully thinking" that they might get the turbo motor down the line but Subaru tends to be very tight lipped about future product changes.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT Ice Silver Metallic
364 Posts
It's called wishful thinking.
Gotcha, doesn't hurt to wish. On the bright side, I'll take the 2.4t engine that we have in the US over any of the frills that they've advertised on the Aussie Outback.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
The supposed lift is interesting. I'd imagine it would reduce fuel economy but increase general utility. One of the biggest complaints I hear about the OB in off-road situations is the approach and especially the departure angle since it's a longer car and pretty low to the ground despite the ground clearance.

Would be cool if it had some type of take-off gear in lieu of the torque converter. Toyota's working on that and has deployed it in their newer Corollas to keep the strain of acceleration off the CVT for longevity's sake. Would be even cooler if it came in a manual ;)

·
Registered
2015 3.6 Premium
1,246 Posts
Our cars are usually slightly higher spec than US models but cost heaps more. As Scoobs suggests above I would also take a lower spec just to get the turbo but they are not coming. I have emailed Subaru Australia indicating my disappointment. Looks like I source another newer 3.6 in the interim.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,797 Posts
I want the Diesel. Period....and I know...wishful thinking.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Everyone needs to realize all this is is the current gen outback making its first Australian debut. I went over the whole thing and the only thing new there is the speed Sign Recognition which actually seems really awesome and I hope it comes the US MY22 models. Other than that the differences are probably caused by how they measure it there.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts