Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'15 Forester 2.5 CVT
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For two years, I have been reading threads in this forum about the Subaru Outback. I had been learning so many interesting things about this wonderful car. But, you know, I wasn't a true member because I got a Legacy.
Now, it's over, I bought a Ice Silver '12 Outback yesterday.

Thanks to Subiesailor, you're right when you say : "Everything we do with the OB, the Legacy does." But since I have to travel large boxes very often, the low height of Legacy's trunk was boring.

I loved very much the Legacy's CVT transmission, but I decided to go with manual since the Outback exchange price was really a good deal. I have been driving manual cars for more than forty years, it wasn't a problem.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
5,019 Posts
Congrats with your switch to the 'dark' side..:29::22:
...hmmm...I was going to say that he has finally seen the light and been converted...:)

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 2019 Ascent Touring .... SOLD : 2015 Outback 3.6 w/ES. 18 Crosstrek, 04 Jeep Liberty Columbia. SOLD-13 Outback 2.5 SAP. Traded-10 2.5i Legacy Limited.
239 Posts
I traded my 2010 2.5 Legacy for my 2013 2.5 Outback, I loved the Legacy, it drove awesome, even in snow, but was a bit low. I busted out a fog light twice, cracked the bumper twice and bottomed out in the snow too often. The extra clearance of the Outback and storage is much better but dont believe my Outback is as quick off the line as the Legacy, seems to have slow pickup. However I havent really punched it or given it a fair opportunity at 300 miles. Would have to say tho that the Legacy was a fun car to drive while I dont really feel that in the Outback yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts