Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
01 Outback Impreza Sport 65 Chevy Stingray Corvette
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Subaru Owner. Picked up a 2001 OBS with 84,000 back in May. Thing has been a dream! So summer is around the corner and im looking to put some geolanders on it and go mobbin around the woods. I know alot of OBS owners run these on a 1in+ lift, but im wondering if can fit em on a stock OBS. right now im running a 205/60/15 some shitty tires that came with it... the Geolanders i think would fit. 215/60/16 or 205/70/15... Any Help would be awesome! Thanks.

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
New Subaru Owner. Picked up a 2001 OBS with 84,000 back in May. Thing has been a dream! So summer is around the corner and im looking to put some geolanders on it and go mobbin around the woods. I know alot of OBS owners run these on a 1in+ lift, but im wondering if can fit em on a stock OBS. right now im running a 205/60/15 some shitty tires that came with it... the Geolanders i think would fit. 215/60/16 or 205/70/15... Any Help would be awesome! Thanks.
Stick with the 15inch wheel pretty sure you can find Geolanders that work. No need for the 16inch wheel and you have more options for decent off road tires in the 15. The 2001 Legacy GT came with 16inch wheels which are a direct swap if you really must have 16's - but for off road stuff I wouldn't want them - you want as much rubber between the ground and the wheel for the off road efforts.

Check into BFG brand see what sizes in light truck tires they offer. I don't really find the Geolanders to be any better than other light duty truck tires. My Sequoia came with some when I bought it this summer. They wear terribly and are loud. I can think of several tires I'd like to have on it before I put the Geolanders back on it. I think the issue is that its an older design and the newer designs are just as good or better. So don't be afraid to do some shopping around for other tire options.

I spent 11yrs mobbing around the logging roads and back country in the Legacy GT sporting the Potenzas and a few other brands. When Bridgestone changed the rubber compound in the Potenza I went back to it and actually liked the tire more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts