• Senator John Kerry

Votes: 28 62.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I just had to start this one up sooner or later :D So who do you support and why?

Basic thread rules (will be modified with time)

1. You are free to express whatever opinion you may have of either, but in doing so refer to Rule #2...

2. No Excessive Bashing, Flaming, etc of either Bush, Kerry or any other members. You can hold a good political discussion without letting it get out of order.

3. Please guys we are all mature here and if this gets out of hand I WILL close it! I also reserve the right to delete or edit any posts or content within as I see fit as needed. I will note that in the post itself or in a separate personal post.

Mmmkay guys, I don't want to sound like a hard arse but I've seen way too many of the types of threads get too far out of hand. I would just like to have a progressive political discussion with as little trouble (if any) as possible :D

·
I need a fog horn, ,
213 Posts
ugh. talk about the evil of two lessers. how about an option for those of us that want to vote for a third candidate? I guess if pressed I fall under the "Anyone But Bush" banner.

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
I never trusted Bush, as I never trusted George the First, as I never trusted Reagan. Each was a face man for a cadre of unelected powers-behind-the-throne.

Since this Administration took power, our nation has put itself into a wartime footing at odds with most of the world; protection of the environment is being gutted; deficit spending has out-stripped the famous "voodoo economics" of Reagan's day; and we are being told to stay this course. To whose gain?

I cite Zappa:

When the lie's so big
and the fog gets so thick
and the facts disappear,
The Republican Trick
("catsup is a vegetable")
can be played out again
people please tell me when
we'll be rid of these men....

This Administration is the greatest terrorist recruiting tool since the fall of the Shah of Iran. A whole generation of extremists from around the world will be happy to engage us as a target because Bush & Co. insists on poking a hornet's nest.

Do not forget that this administration kowotws to the Christian Evangelical movement, so you can imagine their opinion of any person or religion that does not accept Christ as their Savior. In this sense they are no different from the radical Moslems who think the Christians are unfaithful heretics who are doomed to ****.

What a match-up! Each side gets to gather its forces against an enemy! So the US citizens lose individual rights, and the current Administration peddles itself as the leadership we need to see us through this war that, err, started after they got in power.

I am ashamed of this Administration, for many reasons. I am adamant that they must be kicked out before they do more damage to our Nation - and since they are so secretive, we may never know the full extent of what they have already done.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Like others I would rather not have either of these men as president. "Todd Johnson for 2008" An American for America.

I don't like how Kerry keeps digging for dirt on Bush. Why don't politicians just show their heart for America. What is best for America, in their opinion, is what our politicians need to be talking about.

Bush seems to be putting a lot of stock in 9-11, Alquada and Iraq, when many Americans don't approve.

Well, unless an independent worth anything (not Nadar either) comes on the scene I'll vote for Bush again.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Bush all the way. Hey, Bush didn't ask terrorists to strike while he was in power, and America isn't going to sit back and take it, therefore war. I don't like USA policing every freakin' country either, but helping out is okay.
When it comes to the latest in wars, we didn't go looking for trouble, trouble came to our land and screwed with us. You should just be glad we have an Army, A.F., Navy, and Marines to battle. Brian

Bush supporter extraordinaire

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't know who is the honest candidate that is running.

I'm a bit conservative on many views even though I am in the Navy. I am due to retire soon and I am not fond of the world wide referee we are expected to play. Like what happened to us on 9-11, I think we should keep our noses out of things.
"Don't bother us and we won't mess with you."
"If you mess around with us stand by for heavy rolls."
I'd really like to believe there are some honest politicians out there that don't have secret personal agendas instead of just wanting the best for America. Todd

·
Registered
20 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how so many people are willing to let the liberal news media do their thinking for them. Bush is evil, he is making millions from the oil companies.....Hey, try thinking on your own for once...remember common sense ??? The democratic party has become the party of hate and lies, more so than when AlGore told us he invented the internet. Can you imagine what a mess we would be in now if he had won the election ???
"A National Party No More".

Now let's talk about Outbacks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Republicans infuriate me somewhat less often than the Democrats, so I'll be voting for Bush.

Quick litmus test - anyone know a candidate who will protect, with equal fervor, both the second and fourth amendments?

Rob

·
Registered
352 Posts
mikejt54 said:
It never ceases to amaze me how so many people are willing to let the liberal news media do their thinking for them. Bush is evil, he is making millions from the oil companies.....Hey, try thinking on your own for once...remember common sense ??? The democratic party has become the party of hate and lies, more so than when AlGore told us he invented the internet. Can you imagine what a mess we would be in now if he had won the election ???
"A National Party No More".

Now let's talk about Outbacks.
I find it rather amusing that you speak with so much intolerance towards the views of others. People like you are what is wrong with this country right now. As far as thinking on your own, have you ever tried it? Appears to me all you can do is make assumptions and broad generalizations. Seems pretty hateful to me.:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
First of all. injektilo: that graphic is awesome.

Secondly: I'm actually interested in hearing the opinions of our fine foreign friends. At the very least, I'd like to hear their honest opinion on George Bush, because I know they aren't watching the same news media we are, so you can't blame their opinions on "Liberal" or "Conservative" news media.

Aussies & others - speak up please!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
FMGreen said:
First of all. injektilo: that graphic is awesome.

Secondly: I'm actually interested in hearing the opinions of our fine foreign friends. At the very least, I'd like to hear their honest opinion on George Bush, because I know they aren't watching the same news media we are, so you can't blame their opinions on "Liberal" or "Conservative" news media.

OK I'll bite, first up I don't trust anyone in politics anywhere, they either were dirty before they got into it, or they were corrupted by the system, so I don't think you can really trust what they say. The news media here is at least in part owned by the same/similar people to over there, anyone heard of "Rupert Murdoch" or News Limited?

With respect to Bush vs Kerry, I prefer trimmed not shaved, so yes, some Bush please... Oops you mean the presidential canditates don't ya, well over here I've heard nothing of what Kerry stands for or the Democrats policies. I suspect it's kind of like here, one party stays in power until enough people are fed up with them to throw them out, in the case of Australia the Liberal Party is most like your Republican's and our Labor Party most like your Democrats, see they call themselves Liberal but are conservative / right wing...

Oh well that's enough of me ranting on ;)

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First off let me thank you all for keeping this discussion at a low blood pressure rate... for now :D

injektilo, keep it cool! mikejt's comment about the liberal media is correct to a certain extent although I'll agree that everything he said after that is BS for the most part. Sorry mike, but you can't just shoot off random remarks like that and not expect to get hammered by someone.

As for my thoughts, let me say that I'm a huge Bush supporter. My main reason is because I didn't like Clinton and I didn't like any of this years democrat candidates and I sure as **** don't like Kerry and I sure as **** don't want him as a president. IMHO I can't think of one democrat President that I've really liked more than any Republican President that was within 2 terms of them since WW2.

As far as Kerry goes, so far he hasn't said anything about how he will help this country other than in his first 100 days he'll roll back a bunch of Bush's tax cuts. All he's done is try to smear Bush, and what really pisses me off is how he keeps bringing up all these issues and stories but can't seem to back them up. He is a total walking contradiction with everything he says about the Iraq war and mmost things he says about Bush's policies and whatnot. His voting record shows that statement enough if not for his comments that have fallen in line with many things Bush has done that he is now making the headlines of what Bush has done wrong.

Sorry I cannot vote for a man who is constantly telling half-truths (if any truth), constantly being caught in his own contradictions, and most of all doen't even have a plan yet as to how to improve the country. I'm sure you all saw the thing in PA when the man asked him about what leaders he has been talking to who want him in and Bush out. He very rudely told the man, "That none of your business!" And then, almost cowardly, asked him if he was a Republican and if he voted for Bush so that he could avoid answering the man's questions by having all the democrat lemmings yell and boo the guy until he sat down. I think thats sad when Kerry can't even answer a question of a common man, especially when its about comments that Kerry has said. Let alone get responded to the way he did is just wrong for anyone striving to be a President.

·
Registered
244 Posts
FMGreen said:

Nope, I'm not touching this thread, it's not my problem and none of my business who the American President is, it's not going to make a difference to my day-to-day life.

But I do agree with Karl, I like trimmed with a bit of Bush :eek: :D

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FMGreen said:
*AHEM*

There are THREE candidates running for president...I'll vote in this poll when Hero adds the only honest man running in this election to the list.
Nader might be running, but he's not at all a factor to anyone. At this point it is silly to even say that he is running. More like waisting money.

Also let me add to all the Bush Haters, you may not like Bush but do you think Kerry will do any better than Bush? If you think so, PLEASE tell me and everyone else why. So far there are many democrat media types, ie Alan Coombes, who think that Kerry is a shoe-in although don't really have much to say as to why they think that or why they even think he'd be a good President. Its too bad when people just follow a party line rather than analyzing the facts for themselves and make their own decision. I'm not saying that as towards anyone here, I'm just generalizing it as a "monkey see, monkey do" or a flock of sheep type-o-thing.

Bush and Rumsfield have doen an incredible amount of good for our military (which I'm in) and I don't want Kerry to come in and screw all that good stuff up. Honestly whoever gets elected isn't going to change my life too much and I don't think any President ever will, but at this juncture I know that Bush will make my life in the military better and easier.

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
I'm just generalizing it as a "monkey see, monkey do" or a flock of sheep type-o-thing.
Funny, that's exactly what I think of the Republican party. Does the term "Ditto!" sound like individual thought? (Or is Limbaugh an example of liberal media?) Democrats are famously difficult to herd, like cats.

Republicans: Fighting for your Freedom to get with the Program.

As for "liberal media" if you know anything about Kenneth Phillips, you know he's not liberal. But then, buzzwords like "liberal media" are just another example of Republican group-think. Once you slap a label like that on something, you can quit trying to figure it out.

As for Kerry, I'm not crazy about him, but that's the way things get sorted out in the process. I'd rather see an Edwards/Clark ticket, and I still hope that Clark will end up as VP. I respect him far more than a secretive opportunist like Cheney.

And, Kerry did serve in combat, which Bush managed to avoid. AFAIK the $10,000 reward that Gary Trudeau put up for anyone who can testify that Bush served with them in the Guard is still up for grabs. Hmm.

I agree that Nader has no real chance, regardless of what he may stand for. Even if he could win, I'm not sure I'd want him in office. Did anyone see him speak at the National Press Club after the last election? It looked like a scene out of the movie Bullworth.

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
it's not my problem and none of my business who the American President is, it's not going to make a difference to my day-to-day life.
I think it makes more of a difference than you know, especially when we are talking about "global terrorism" and "islamic jihad." The American president is the central figure of everything Al Qaeda hates, mainly traditional western religious values...and as a result of that, every other nation that associates with our president becomes a target. (especially if they assist in an unjust war in Iraq)

I will not be able to vote for Bush until he starts explaining his Weapons Of Mass Destruction in Iraq mistake. If he fesses up that it was a lie, or that war was the master plan from day 1, then he will be out of office.
If he doesn't fess up, he will look like he is hiding something and as a result, he will probably be out of office.
The only thing he has going for him is the lemming-esque voting of Republicans and their relatives.
I smell a cover-up of Nixon-esque proportions happeing as we speak...perhaps in 30-40 years it will all be released and the truth will finally be revealed.

As for Nader: He IS a legitimate candidate. YES, he has NO CHANCE of winning, but that is not his goal. He is trying to prove to Americans that the current voting system is corrupt and that a Third Party is neccesary to have a true democratic society.
I will vote for Nader because after reading all of his agendas and researching his stance on all of the major issues, I find that I agree with HIM more than Bush/Kerry.
That is the way voting is supposed to go. You research all the candidates and you support the one that you AGREE WITH THE MOST, not the one that you think has the best chance of winning, or the one that has less negatives in his past.

Let's be serious here, cmon. For instance, I LOVE space, and everything involved with it, but why the **** would we want to go back to the moon? We learned next to nothing on our first trip and we won't learn anything new this time! And don't even get me started on Mars. Honestly...we've got two little golf carts up their driving around with the most sophisticated equipment that you could possibly imagine, probing and searching for proof that life ONCE existed there. SO WHAT? Anyone with half a brain understands that the chance that we are the only living beings in the entire universe is slim to none. There are Zillions (litterally) of stars, the sun is just one of them.

Wow, sorry...Sine + Cosine = TANGENT.

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
Also, I just got a link to this from MoveOn.org. Temporarily ignore the fact that that organization is as left-wing as you can get, and just watch this video. It's actually very funny.

Those of you who are accusing John Kerry of contradicting himself should DEFINITELY watch this, it's our defense secretary sh**ting all over himself on Face The Nation:

http://www.moveon.org/censure/caughtonvideo/

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
About this Discussion
103 Replies
27 Participants
FastSly
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing