Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little info I read- The 13 Forester, and I'm not sure if it is the current US body style or not or the new for 14 US. body gets some interesting engine selections- A 2.0 FB 150 hp, A 2.0d 147hp and a FA20DIT XT 240 HP.Not sure if the 2.0 FB(Impreza) will be a US choice but the XT sounds great!

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
...through out the entire Subaru line up the Europeans get way better options than we do here in North America...which really sucks!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The New Impreza seems to be doing fine with less power, maybe the new Forester will be lighter to compensate(slightly) for it.
I have a new Impreza and think is just adequate so I expect the US version to keep the 2.5 FB. The question is will we get an XT version or will the Turbo's be
a WRX/STI/BRZ engine only?

·
Registered
982 Posts
The New Impreza seems to be doing fine with less power, maybe the new Forester will be lighter to compensate(slightly) for it.
Its possible but I think the Forester is just too big for the 2.0 here. We'll see how people respond to the Crossteck with the 2.0 soon.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don't see how the crosstrek is going to be much different. Its only a lifted Impreza and I m pretty sure its not rated for any towing(in the US). All that aside, I would agree.. I can't see the FB20 being sufficient, FB25 most likely. A big MAYBE would be a 2.0 for base and lower trims, with the 2.5 for the mid to higher trims?..

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
...through out the entire Subaru line up the Europeans get way better options than we do here in North America...which really sucks!
It's not Subaru's fault that we get limited engine choice options.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
It's not Subaru's fault that we get limited engine choice options.
The US buying public is largely un(der)educated when it comes to cars (other things too but I'll keep it to cars)....:12: Amazing actually for a nation that prides itself as to being car crazy...
I must say though that the marketing peeps at SOA could do a better job and offer some alternatives, even if it was on special order...
A diesel fozzy would be killer as well as a turbo manual OB.. Hint hint SOA!!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
It helps to read / speak German... and man, do I feel like we're loosing out.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
The US buying public is largely un(der)educated when it comes to cars (other things too but I'll keep it to cars)....:12: Amazing actually for a nation that prides itself as to being car crazy...
I must say though that the marketing peeps at SOA could do a better job and offer some alternatives, even if it was on special order...
A diesel fozzy would be killer as well as a turbo manual OB.. Hint hint SOA!!!
I actually had our government in mind as being largely responsible for regulations that prevent diesel and enthusiast oriented powertrain options..EPA and fuel economy etc.

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
subaru can do this in Europe because they charge lot more for them. Subarus may as well be exotics there, and at those prices they are right to offer the cars with better options and trims.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
I wonder how much of the price goes to their Government as tax? (sales and/or import tax)
Tax is not the point, purchasing power is the point.

For example: Germany has 19 % of VAT, Switzerland has 8 %, but here cars are nonetheless 10 - 20 % more expensive. Funny thing is, that Subarus are the only cars beeing more expensive in Germany, but this is related to the importer.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
15 Participants
pgh
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing