Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first plugged my phone in using a cable, it asked if I wanted to set up Android Auto. I said no because I did not have time to figure it out. Now it's like my phone has been flagged to never connect. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Ultra.

·
Premium Member
2020 Outback Onyx XT
3,696 Posts
When I first plugged my phone in using a cable, it asked if I wanted to set up Android Auto. I said no because I did not have time to figure it out. Now it's like my phone has been flagged to never connect. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Ultra.
Go to android auto within settings > apps and force stop it then clear storage. That should reset it's preferences and you shoud be presented with the setup screen the next time you connect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Go to 'Previously connected cars' in the AA settings and remove it. When you reconnect it should work.

·
Premium Member
2020 White Limited Hybrid
474 Posts
Go to android auto within settings > apps and force stop it then clear storage. That should reset it's preferences and you shoud be presented with the setup screen the next time you connect.
Go to 'Previously connected cars' in the AA settings and remove it. When you reconnect it should work.
I had to do that, and found a cell phone connected there I don't know where from - must have been the prior owner as I got it nused with 5K miles on it (owners decided they wanted the bigger Subaru - my gain)

I deleted both, then added - voila

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited, Titanium & Magnetite Grays
1,389 Posts
When just starting and have problems as you described I just delete the app(s) from the phone and everything related on the vehicle. Found it is usually best to start from the beginning.

·
Premium Member
2020 White Limited Hybrid
474 Posts
Confused - trying to use it again, and I must have said NO, now it won't light up when I connect like it once did.

S21 Ultra

I just tried clearing the cache, then unstalling an reinstalling on my phone, still nothing. I can see the phone is connected for "file transfer and Android Auto" so that's apparently correct.

If there's a way to remove it from the car screen (it's there but grayed out) - I can't seem to figure it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts