Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019, Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my off-road navigation ready.
Decided on going with RAM mounts to hold a Garmin 35t on a quick remove mount along drivers side windshield pilar and a Ram mount w/ X-grip to hold an iPad mini Gen 5 right over center speaker on dashboard. Also, attached to that is a Dual Electronics XGPS160 dedicated GPS receiver mounted to the Ram mount using a custom printed holder from Shapeways.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/F53ZDEXN9/dual-xgps-160-mount?productConfiguration=59919272&etId=190841916&utm_source=automated-contact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=order-shipped&utm_content=2

Attachments

·
Registered
2019, Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Here’s what my 2019 Subaru Outback looks like with devices in place. So far pretty happy just a few minor tweaks but I think this is more than enough for my needs. Highly recommend RAM Mounts and the Dual Electronics XGPS160.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 outback 3.6R LT. 2015 Outback 2.5 (white) eyesight, tow pakage, skid plate, moon roof
393 Posts
Update: Here’s what my 2019 Subaru Outback looks like with devices in place. So far pretty happy just a few minor tweaks but I think this is more than enough for my needs. Highly recommend RAM Mounts and the Dual Electronics XGPS160.
I would also mount a altimeter and compass in the vehicle and carry a paper map as well. With BLM road closures and GPS often having trouble locating a satellite in very Mountenous terrain, I have found the manual Altimeter, Brunton Surveyors compass and a paper map extremely useful. My Garman GPS mapping not laways up to date or grey out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts