Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any good tips getting dog hair off our seats? It seems that it gets in between threads and regular vacuuming wont get it all out without going over it a million times. Anyone have quick tricks on doing it? Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,532 Posts
Anyone have any good tips getting dog hair off our seats? It seems that it gets in between threads and regular vacuuming wont get it all out without going over it a million times. Anyone have quick tricks on doing it? Thanks!
We have three dogs...all non shedding...but we had a beagle lab cross and a VW TDI with velour seats...the dog shed like the bugger and fur would litterally weave it’s way into the fabric and even the shop vac couldn’t pull it out...:surprise:...the best thing I found for getting it off and out of the fabric was the very sticky 3M fabric roller. It was still a lot of work to get it off but it was the best thing I could find. Good luck with it...been there done tat...part of the reason we now have non shedding Dogs....and buy cars with leather seats...

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited with Navigation
6 Posts
We use a rubber pet hair removal brush and a vacuum. I don't have a high enough post count to post links head over to amazon and look for the Chemical guys brand for around $7

·
Registered
85BRAT97SVX03Baja5mtHonda's
2,167 Posts
if it was cat hair, then for that you would unbolt the seats and put them in a pile, and throw the carpet out on top, and burn them . Then go to the junkyard and get non pet seats.
I am allergic to cats and cat dander. bleh,

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,275 Posts
Packing or duct tape.

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 L Obsidian Black Outback XTL
593 Posts
Shave your dog?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sticky lint roller brushes work well as well in my experience.

Dog hair is a pain though if you have fabric seats, it really gets intertwined with the fabric.

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight, "Wilderness Green Metallic"
562 Posts
I have heard -- never tried it, mind you - but I have heard that a clay bar (yeah, like for the paint, etc) works well removing pet hair from upholstery. Research it before you try it, I have zero experience with it.

·
Registered
2015 3.6 Premium
1,157 Posts
Like AWDFTW suggests wrap some sticky tape around your hand cheap and easy.

·
Registered
Outback 1: 2015 2.5i Limited. Option 23, PP5, Hitch. Ice Silver. Outback 2: 2015 2.5i Limited, Option 23, PP5, Carbide Gray.
1,022 Posts
Use either a latex or nitrile glove to wipe dog hair away.

Someone suggested using detailing clay. Not recommended! Get that stuff embedded in your cloth upholstery and it will never come out.

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the suggestions! I used a few and they all seem to do a nice job. In case anyone else is interested I found for our seat that using the carpet setting or carpet stairs attachment work really well getting hair from the seats. The brush roll helps pull it out and makes it go a lot faster then just using a hose with suction.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
690 Posts
1. vacuum
2. latex glove or silicone
3. lily brush
4. vacuum one last time

1 - 14 of 14 Posts