2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,106 Posts
NBC is running Global Rally Cross

that violent short track thing profiled on a late episode of old top gear with May driving the car and his partners spotting for him on the radio.

pitting beetle vs. impreza vs. fiesta vs. civic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Rallycross

you know, if anyone cares between BBQ and Lawn mowing a saturday / sunday afternoon away.

schedule:

Global Rallycross | NBC Sports
It's pretty sad when, Renault, Subaru and Audi are not the top 3....Ford and VW...both FWD .... platforms. I am with a heavy heart.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's pretty sad when, Renault, Subaru and Audi are not the top 3....Ford and VW...both FWD .... platforms. I am with a heavy heart.
I am thinking all the cars running are AWD variants,...you know so the AWD's don't just plow the 2wd off the track.
(so yeah you can watch that VW beetle bodied car with some nice strong 4 motion / Quatro AWD,
although you can't buy it with AWD at all on monday morning,

just like the mouth breather coors lite drinking 300lb ers, watching Nascar can't buy rear drive impala/ taurus / camry).

See the "cars" section of the wikipedia page that I linked earlier = AWD

_____

I was watching the race 20 some odd years ago when a Audi A6 AWD pushed a Ford Mondeo (= Contour ) front wheel drive,

into the pebbles like it was a fiesta despite them being about the same size at the time,...and then they banned AWD types from that sedan series. (Audi stayed in, had to switch to the 2wd version A6,

and used the pushing footage in advertising for Quatro AWD, with phrasing something like "so good, banned from the eurosport sedan series, and making lesser cars none competitive")

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,106 Posts
and used the pushing footage in advertising for Quatro AWD, with phrasing something like "so good, banned from the eurosport sedan series, and making lesser cars none competitive")
I remember. Audi (and VW rule the rally school)

And yes, that Bug is bad-ass. But so is a Nissan Roque rally car. Sad as they are to see on the in 2wd ugliness.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts