Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2015 3.6r ltd nav/moonroof
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subaru: September sales for Subaru of America were up 32 percent over last September, to 27,683, with Outback and Legacy models up 39 and 31 percent, respectively. The redesigned Impreza has also helped boost year-to-date sales, which are reported at 245,463 (25 percent over 2011 levels); Subaru anticipates that it may break 300,000 for calendar-year 2012.
:29::29::29::29::29:

·
Registered
'12 Outback Premium 2.5
37 Posts
Sweet! Go Subie!!

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
They've been a great company for a long time:
-Zero Landfill
-Invest in THIS country (cars made here, currently building a distribution center in NJ)
-Good Customer Service
-Well-designed vehicles that last
-One of the best AWD systems on the market (if not the best)

Us New Englanders have known it for years (and probably Colorado and the Pacific NW), glad to see the rest of the country is catching on.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited
8 Posts
The midwest is stuck in the Chevy/Ford mindset. I'll see what I can do to change that! Well, as soon as my Outback is finally built...

·
Registered
2007 Chrysler 300C built 5.7
396 Posts
The Outback overtook the F150 as the #1 new registered vehicle in Billings (Yellowstone county) this year. Considering how agricultural eastern MT is, that's pretty huge.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
The Outback overtook the F150 as the #1 new registered vehicle in Billings (Yellowstone county) this year. Considering how agricultural eastern MT is, that's pretty huge.
Ha ha! That is funny!

Ford Exec board meeting - So guys what are we going to do about this odd Subaru issue in Billings? Exec #1 More Power! Everyone wants More Power! Exec #2 who's turn was it to bring the donuts? Exec #3 Where am I?

HA HA

·
Registered
09 OB 2.5i Limited. 2010 OB 2.5i Limited
40 Posts
Subaru's unit sales have been trending upwards for years.

Unlike all other auto producers, they did not experience any sales collapse in 2008-2009.

Thus far in 2012, their sales have strengthened further and are growing by more than the industry as a whole.

Makes good sense to me as an owner.

R

·
Registered
'08 Veracruz Limited
3,992 Posts
Simple, fairly well made products at very competitive prices. The market works, who knew?

Of course, not every car purchase is rational. Just ask Ford. (Not bashing Ford other than saying I'm perplexed at how they all of a sudden can demand a price premium over the competition).

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
572 Posts
Looks like the Lafayette plant may need to expand even more than they already committed to. They may have to kick the Toyota Camry production out to make up for demand of subie's

·
Registered
2013 Limited w/EyeSight
352 Posts
The midwest is stuck in the Chevy/Ford mindset. I'll see what I can do to change that! Well, as soon as my Outback is finally built...
We have home and cabin in S and N WI. You would not know Subaru has small market share in the areas we travel.

·
Registered
2012 Impreza Sport Ltd 2013 Outback Limited SAP
1,495 Posts
Ha ha! That is funny!

Ford Exec board meeting - So guys what are we going to do about this odd Subaru issue in Billings? Exec #1 More Power! Everyone wants More Power! Exec #2 who's turn was it to bring the donuts? Exec #3 Where am I?

HA HA
Exec #4 - So this is what FORD makes....

Exec #5 - What? It's not a FIAT?

Exec #6 - Here's your donuts - got them from a buddy of mine at the Subaru Dealership (somebody brought them too many in appreciation for their new Out Back SAP).

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited
8 Posts
We have home and cabin in S and N WI. You would not know Subaru has small market share in the areas we travel.
I do see some around but I still wouldn't call them a mainstream vehicle. (I also live in WI and travel quite a bit.)

·
Registered
2007 Chrysler 300C built 5.7
396 Posts
Ha ha! That is funny!

HA HA
Exec #4 - So this is what FORD makes....

Exec #5 - What? It's not a FIAT?

Exec #6 - Here's your donuts - got them from a buddy of mine at the Subaru Dealership (somebody brought them too many in appreciation for their new Out Back SAP).
Exec #7 - Oh crap, I think I left the oven on.

·
Registered
2012 Impreza Sport Ltd 2013 Outback Limited SAP
1,495 Posts
come he|| or high water, I'm going to make the interior illumination kit work with eyesight.
Most likely you will need to run extra wiring as the current harness can not be used as "dual purpose". Not sure just MHO.

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5 Limited
188 Posts
Most likely you will need to run extra wiring as the current harness can not be used as "dual purpose". Not sure just MHO.
????

How'd THIS get here?

·
Registered
2010 OB 3.6R limited
3,289 Posts
Another thing, Subaru used to be a niche auto maker with particular style and small but steady crowd of followers. If it goes mainstream, then Subaru would have to cater to the greater consumer public. It may potentially water down that uniqueness of Subaru cars down the line.
if SUbaru had Stay mainstream and remains a niche player They will end up like Other Niche Player .....bankrupt!!!!
Just look at Hummer, Volvo and Jaguar!

·
Registered
2010 OB 3.6R limited
3,289 Posts
They've been a great company for a long time:
-Zero Landfill
-Invest in THIS country (cars made here, currently building a distribution center in NJ)
-Good Customer Service
-Well-designed vehicles that last
-One of the best AWD systems on the market (if not the best)

Us New Englanders have known it for years (and probably Colorado and the Pacific NW), glad to see the rest of the country is catching on.
add to the list:

No Bailout required from (US) Government!

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sienna, miss my eyesight. Life moves on.
982 Posts
There is a danger of reduction in quality of Subaru cars if they will ramp up their production numbers that fast. Another thing, Subaru used to be a niche auto maker with particular style and small but steady crowd of followers. If it goes mainstream, then Subaru would have to cater to the greater consumer public. It may potentially water down that uniqueness of Subaru cars down the line.
Many long term Subbie fans already feel like this has happened. Subaru has a lot of growth to go before, if ever this is a real concern.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts