Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going on a vacation this summer? Or have you already been?

Tell us about it. Maybe pics too?

I want to live vicariously through you as I have not been on a week's vacation since Feb. 2001 :D :(

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not soon enough

My vac this year b/w 8/15-8/28

Heading down to the shore in NJ. In-laws have a place in Avalon, NJ, and since me and my wife help take care of it off-season, we get two free weeks every year.

This'll be the first year on the beach w/three devilish boys. I doubt I'll get much boogie boarding or swimming in, but we'll see.

As for pics........I still can't fit a digicam in my budget....But I do have all pics developed on a Kodak Pic CD lately, so if any worth it, I'll post them in Sept.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
The wife and I are taking her Baja to the Black Hills of South Dakota starting August 22nd. I've never seen Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Devil's Tower (Wyoming)....Will be a great trip, just got my Kanga Storm pouch for the Baja bed. It's an all weather soft sided cartop carrier thingy with 11 cubic feet of storage.

My first vacation in over two full years. Can't wait. Brian

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Where in Maine? I lived in Bucks Harbor for 2.5 years when I was younger. Pops was in the Air Force and we were stationed there at the now closed radar station. It's beautiful up there. Brian

·
Registered
352 Posts
We'll be living in the Portland area. My girlfriend will be going to grad school. We've visited Maine 3 times now and it is very beautiful.

Our apartment is 10 minutes from the top pic and about 2 hours from the bottom one.
:)

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,271 Posts
^^^^ That looks like a nice little Hamlet :D

I've taken one trip this summer to Pikes Peak, I would post pics but they seriously look like crap when put on the net. I used a disposable camera, WalMart developed them, and Wally also gave me one of those CDs with all the pics on there. Horrid! :(

I'll be going to the other mountains in America in August though, the Appalachians. I'm sure that if my Rocky Mountain Edition Outback can conquer Pikes Peak it can surely topple Clingman's Dome :p

·
Friendly Subaru Dealer, ,
47 Posts
Hmmm...won't be going anywhere till it slows down. Summer ius car buying weather, and if I'm not here, who'd sell subarus for good people to go on driving trips with.

I am taking my 04 RS Impreza on a driving trip through texas, georgia, a louisiana, hopefully this fall.

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tbert, sounds fun. The beach is always a good time. My wife was born and raised in Myrtle Beach and her Dad still lives there so we get there probably 3-4 times a year for a few days. I guess that would "technically" qualify as a vacation but that drive and the madhouse down at his house is far from relaxing.

Brian, that sounds like a cool road trip with the tent and all. Pre baby we used to do a fair amount of camping and hiking and now that my son is 2 is about ready to do some too. Enjoy your trip.

injektilo, good luck with your move! That area is so pretty. You'll get to see some pretty good hockey (if you like hockey) in Portland this year with all the Capitals prospects playing for the Portland Pirates. Mt. Desert Island and Acadia are incredible. We spent our honeymoon there in SW Harbor.

Hero, that trip to Clingman's dome should be nice! Never been but everyone says it is beautiful.

Luke, how about I help out your fall driving tour fund. Give me $15.5k trade in for my 04 OBS and sell me an '05 2.5i OB for $500 under invoice!!!!!!!

-Steve

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
I'm going to go see Mount Rushmore this weekend!! Yeah for me. Can't wait to get away from work, you know what I mean....Later. Brian

·
Registered
665 Posts
A friend of mine from work (another bike commuter) and I biked from northern NJ to Orient, ME and into New Brunswick.. about 730 miles to get there just recently on a "no gas" tour of 2004. We did everything from kayak off of Stockton Springs and some sailing in a friend's sailboat to Hiking Balt, Parkman, Sargent, and Penobscot Mt in Acadia to going out in an old canoe on East Grand Lake in Orient, ME.

Pictures:

http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/picview.jsp?album=54662

Tend not to be scenery shots cause I'm too busy cycling and not taking pictures, so a lot of pictures are of hiking in Acadia or elsewhere.

Jay

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
My sister's husband's family lives in York Harbor, on the Stage Neck. I haven't been there since 1981.

That same dark gray rock with the white veins shows up in Wales; it's older by far than the Atlantic Ocean.

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
about time!

Heading up to BANFF,CANADA this week!Starting from Oregon then coming back through central Washington (Leavenworth,Chelan,Yakima) , finally back in through Oregon Columbia gorge! It will be long drive and scenic!! :cool:

·
Registered
696 Posts
No summer but winter vaca's

I take 3 trips every year.

1st trip is in Nov. I go to parents home in St Pete Fla . Then while there we drive to my aunt & uncle's house in Slidell La for Thanksgiving,which is about 15 miles from New Orleans .

2nd trip is in Jan.I go up to the mountains to go skiing for a week with friends . I take the outback and have fun in the snow . We stay at a old farm house in South Gibson which is north of Scantan . We go skiing at ELK mountain and take day trip to Greek Peak mountain.

3rd trip is in Feb . I go down with some buddies to daytona for speed week and the Daytona 500. Buddy of mine has a 38 ft motor home that we drive down and stay across the street from the speedway.

:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
mrk610
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing