Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow OB drivers of Australia:

Would like to hear from anyone who has done the drive from east coast to west coast and any memorable experiences you might have had along the way. One that springs to mind for me was learning very quickly that when you are advised to not drive at night across the Nulabour that is exactly what you should do.
Alternativly if you are considering and have a few questions then by all means ask.

Troy

·
Registered
16 Posts
I drove my 91 L Series Subaru from Perth to Rockhampton (QLD) and back at the end of 03 and i had no problems, i wish i had the outback back then, it would have been a much easier drive. all up we did 12,500km in 4 weeks so it was a lot of driving. Its a really good trip, my advise is to take your time, we rushed it a little and you don't get to see as much. my piece of advice is to watch out for the emu's at dusk around Eucla, they have a habbit of running in front of cars. i have a heaps of pics at home so i will post them when i get a chance.

Aaron

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, apart from the obvious problem driving directly west into the sunset, and the enormous numbers of feral cats we saw west of Eucla, it's dead easy. You can't even get lost!

Accommodation, petrol and food is VERY expensive, and some of the WA roadhouses east of Kalgoorlie feel like something out of a Blues Brothers movie - but all up, it's one of those drives everyone should do at least once. I've done it five times, including once in a 900cc Suzuki Swift, and another time before it was bitumen.

Bring music, and stop and look at the sand dunes near Eucla, the Great Australian Bight, and the blowholes on the Nullabour. It's a part of Australia most people never see. Take some time, and be careful at sunset.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
annecasey
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing