Subaru Outback Forums banner
801 - 820 of 826 Posts
The dealer prices increased this year by $200. One of the "cons" I posted in some thread a while ago in response to one of the "is it good to buy it now or wait 36 months" threads.
In that context, it's also worth noting that there are also occasional "adjustments" to coverage provided. For example, coverage for tire damage due to road hazards was quietly eliminated in January, 2017.

Reactions: walker
What are the latest 10 year 100k miles gold plus warranty prices, people were able to get?

I am ready to purchase but don't know what the current price I should shoot for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

zero deductible? $1850 is still a good price (last few price sheets I saw - not quite time for the price increases to happen... but that's not far off), several people have mentioned getting $1650 for the 10/100/0 plans recently.

Can I get your opinion/advice? I'm buying a 2018 Outback 2.5i Limited CPO with 55K miles for just $22k out the door. The dealer is offering me $1395 for the 7/100k warranty w/$100 deductible. Yay or Nay? I drive about 5k-6k miles a year, so essentially see this as giving me a bumper to bumper thru end of 2024. You guys rock, thanks.

Can I get your opinion/advice? I'm buying a 2018 Outback 2.5i Limited CPO with 55K miles for just $22k out the door. The dealer is offering me $1395 for the 7/100k warranty w/$100 deductible. Yay or Nay? I drive about 5k-6k miles a year, so essentially see this as giving me a bumper to bumper thru end of 2024. You guys rock, thanks.
Nay. Unless you get very anxious if you have to pay for your repairs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

So what did you do? (Try and see if the deals will knock a few hundred $s off that price as they almost always have “more” wiggle room?)

zero deductible? $1850 is still a good price (last few price sheets I saw - not quite time for the price increases to happen... but that's not far off), several people have mentioned getting $1650 for the 10/100/0 plans recently.
I reached out to some of the dealers listed on here that offer low warranty prices. I contacted Subaru of Stamford (where Luke used to work) and Planet Subaru, no response from them after 3 days. I reached out to Dan Meola at Liberty Subaru (he was mentioned on the Ascent forum) and he responded within 2 hour and quoted $1,650 for the 10yr/100k/ $0 deductible warranty.

Going forward it looks like Dan Meola ( dan.meola@libertysubaru.com ) at Liberty Subaru and Jason Craig ( jason@stanleysubaru.com ) at Stanley Subaru offer the lowest cost plans.

Thank you for posting info. about the gold plus extended warranty! The related info. found here and in the Forrester forum was helpful. Kish at Serramonte (Colma, CA; kish@serramontesubaru.com; 650-550-3700) just gave me the best price: $2k for the 8yr/120k $0 deductible. He also offered the same price for the 10yr/100k $0 deductible. It may have made a difference that I purchased the 2019 Outback there in 2018. You may be able to negotiate lower with him than I did (I forgot to negotiate). In CA, no tax is charged for extended warranty contracts that are sold separately from the car purchase. I contacted 54 dealers in CA and several out of state. Only one dealership, Kyle Torkler <KyleTorkler@SellersSubaru.com>, would sell to Californians; the others, such as Planet Subaru in MA, do not sell out of state. I don't believe Luke is selling for Subaru anymore. Kish said that the only plan available for new Subarus is Gold Plus; the Classic plan is only available for used cars. The pricing communication and research took me a week and the price ranged widely, up to $3,495 for the same plan (Capitol Subaru, San Jose). Only a quarter of the dealers that I contacted responded to my email inquiries and emailed me their prices. As during the car buying process, everyone preferred to talk (which I didn't do). Some of them forwarded prices without asking for the VIN and current mileage while others wanted that info. first - maybe the mileage usage influences their pricing.

Did you receive any paperwork or receipts when you purchased the warranty? The only thing I have so far is the signed SAS Service Agreement and Registration Application and my credit card receipt. Kish said the warranty card and warranty info. would be mailed from the manufacturer and take about two weeks, maybe more with Covid-19-related delays.

'Wishing everyone good health and thanks, again!

Thank you for posting info. about the gold plus extended warranty! The related info. found here and in the Forrester forum was helpful. Kish at Serramonte (Colma, CA; kish@serramontesubaru.com; 650-550-3700) just gave me the best price: $2k for the 8yr/120k $0 deductible. He also offered the same price for the 10yr/100k $0 deductible. It may have made a difference that I purchased the 2019 Outback there in 2018. You may be able to negotiate lower with him than I did (I forgot to negotiate). In CA, no tax is charged for extended warranty contracts that are sold separately from the car purchase. I contacted 54 dealers in CA and several out of state. Only one dealership, Kyle Torkler <KyleTorkler@SellersSubaru.com>, would sell to Californians; the others, such as Planet Subaru in MA, do not sell out of state. I don't believe Luke is selling for Subaru anymore. Kish said that the only plan available for new Subarus is Gold Plus; the Classic plan is only available for used cars. The pricing communication and research took me a week and the price ranged widely, up to $3,495 for the same plan (Capitol Subaru, San Jose). Only a quarter of the dealers that I contacted responded to my email inquiries and emailed me their prices. As during the car buying process, everyone preferred to talk (which I didn't do). Some of them forwarded prices without asking for the VIN and current mileage while others wanted that info. first - maybe the mileage usage influences their pricing.

Did you receive any paperwork or receipts when you purchased the warranty? The only thing I have so far is the signed SAS Service Agreement and Registration Application and my credit card receipt. Kish said the warranty card and warranty info. would be mailed from the manufacturer and take about two weeks, maybe more with Covid-19-related delays.

Update: I called Subaru's head office (1-800-782-2783) and they said I should have been given a contract. They had it in their system and will mail it to me. I'm also glad that I called them because they informed me that there's a new recall on the car to replace the fuel pump - verified on this site when I searched the community for the recall and car model.

Thank you for posting info. about the gold plus extended warranty! The related info. found here and in the Forrester forum was helpful. Kish at Serramonte (Colma, CA; kish@serramontesubaru.com; 650-550-3700) just gave me the best price: $2k for the 8yr/120k $0 deductible. He also offered the same price for the 10yr/100k $0 deductible. It may have made a difference that I purchased the 2019 Outback there in 2018. You may be able to negotiate lower with him than I did (I forgot to negotiate). In CA, no tax is charged for extended warranty contracts that are sold separately from the car purchase. I contacted 54 dealers in CA and several out of state. Only one dealership, Kyle Torkler email]>, would sell to Californians; the others, such as Planet Subaru in MA, do not sell out of state. I don't believe Luke is selling for Subaru anymore. Kish said that the only plan available for new Subarus is Gold Plus; the Classic plan is only available for used cars. The pricing communication and research took me a week and the price ranged widely, up to $3,495 for the same plan (Capitol Subaru, San Jose). Only a quarter of the dealers that I contacted responded to my email inquiries and emailed me their prices. As during the car buying process, everyone preferred to talk (which I didn't do). Some of them forwarded prices without asking for the VIN and current mileage while others wanted that info. first - maybe the mileage usage influences their pricing.

Mine took a while to get mailed... I was forwarded a PDF once I paid, so I had an electronic copy before the paper one. (That was Luke a while back).

There are posts in other threads about the gold plus warranty... getting quotes from “outside a dealer’s area” (whatever that means) is becoming more difficult from reports in those threads.

Mine took a while to get mailed... I was forwarded a PDF once I paid, so I had an electronic copy before the paper one. (That was Luke a while back).

There are posts in other threads about the gold plus warranty... getting quotes from “outside a dealer’s area” (whatever that means) is becoming more difficult from reports in those threads.
Thank you! Yes, it does seem more difficult now.

Hello,

I just bought my first Subie yesterday, a 2020 Outback limited. The whole experience was great until I got into the dreaded finance office. Three hours later I left with a warranty I'm not entirely sure I wanted.

I will admit I didn't do my research on the extended warranty (my mistake) and wasn't prepared for the high pressure sale (my first time buying a new car). I ended up purchasing the 10yr/100k/$100 deductible for $2170. Seems he "forgot" to tell me about a $0 deductible option.

Any advice on the price I got? Way too much? Cancel it and search for a better deal? I was told I have 90 days to cancel and still receive a full refund.

After reading through older posts on this forum, I feel like I paid way too much. But more recent posts are saying finding a good deal is getting harder and the prices don't seem too far off what I paid.

Also, the finance person told me the warranty can not be added to the car after the date of purchase. I just want to make sure no one knows of a policy change and that in reality I can still add a warranty up to 3yrs/36k. This guy lied just to make a sale, right?

Lastly, does Subaru usually offer discounts on the warranty during the first three years (I am thinking about the mail offers they send)? Is it like XM where I get a letter every couple weeks where the price keeps going down and the term length keeps going up? Hahaha.

Thanks for the advice!
John

Also, the finance person told me the warranty can not be added to the car after the date of purchase. I just want to make sure no one knows of a policy change and that in reality I can still add a warranty up to 3yrs/36k. This guy lied just to make a sale, right?
I'm not up on the latest extended warranty pricing, but the finance person's statement that you cannot add one after the purchase date is an outright lie.

From Subaru's Extended Warranty ("Added Security") page: "Any Subaru model that is still covered under Subaru of America’s basic warranty is eligible for Added Security unless the vehicle is used commercially or is equipped with a snowplow."

801 - 820 of 826 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.