Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
Well they are super lucky they kept the intake snorkel above the water line. I didn't expect it would extract itself. I just that just goes to show, if you take a good run at it, you just might get out.

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Limited
1,375 Posts
Bwahahahaha! "Just one good shove is all we need"

Outstanding job of extracting themselves from a seemingly dire situation. :29:
The phrase "stay in the fight" comes to mind.
Some water must have started to enter the interior. I cannot fathom getting away from that completely unscathed.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,139 Posts
What I don't get is why they pushed the car into the stream to take a different swipe at the sand bank, when they instead could have just dug out the sand from the undercarriage where it was high centered?

If I had to listen to the sound of those women wooing every day, I would rather sink in the car.
I don't think they were wooing, judging from the tone of their voices. I don't know Russian, so someone would need to translate for us. But I'm guessing it's related to the gender of the perpetrators, and the first point that I made above.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,647 Posts
...wicked...but I sure wouldn’t want to try that...air intake was almost at the water level...long live the snorkel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Crazy!

So I speak Russian, which is what these guys are.

Some of your were interested in finding out, what the girl filming was saying.
Basically, when the subie backed into the water she started gasping "Oh my God, oh my God, but my purse is in there... Can you, please, get my stuff out of it!" :) :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts