Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my 2001 outback seems to have a mind of it's own and I can not turn the parking lights off. This is with the vehicle turned off and no key in the ignition. Weird since I've noticed with this car unlike others I've owned the headlights won't even come on UNLESS the key is in the ignition and turned on. Any ideas so I can avoid disconnecting the battery every time I park it? :confused:

Just noticed the forum below this one is for electrical which is probably where this thread should have went. I apologize and mod feel free to move it if you wish. Thanks.

·
Registered
19,398 Posts
Are only the outside parking lights on, but not any of the interior dash and control lights that would come on when the headlight switch is set to the parking light position?

If so, look on top of the steering column, just ahead of the steering wheel. See the rocker switch there. Guess what that's for . . .

And do a search here for "virgin switch" . . .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thank you plain OM, and apparently that switch is to make subaru virgins such as myself look silly posting dumb questions! lol, thanks again and yep, that fixed it. That's what I get for cleaning the interior of the car yesterday...:rolleyes::p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts